Windows 10: what causes eventvwr.msc to get access denied?

Discus and support what causes eventvwr.msc to get access denied? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After an update to Intel's RST, the event viewer stopped working. None of the following helped: an uninstall, sfc /scannow, restore point, memtest86.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeemerBiker, Mar 12, 2019.

1. what causes eventvwr.msc to get access denied?

After an update to Intel's RST, the event viewer stopped working. None of the following helped: an uninstall, sfc /scannow, restore point, memtest86.

Before doing a reset I tried google here and did that "%appdata$\microsoft\mmc" and deleted the file "eventvw". This solved the problem.

I do not see how an update to Intel's RST could cause this problem. Just before that update, a windows 1803 or 1809 or something like that 18xx also came in.

This should not have happened. I hope Bill Gates gets this same problem, maybe it will get looked at.

:)

BeemerBiker, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 12, 2019
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

4. what causes eventvwr.msc to get access denied?

Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

what causes eventvwr.msc to get access denied?

1. what causes eventvwr.msc to get access denied? - Similar Threads - causes eventvwr msc

2. Scan eventvwr ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan eventvwr ?: Hello, this morning I received a call from someone with an Indian accent, he asked me to type « cmd » then « assoc » and I stopped when he wanted me to type « eventvwr », as I read on the forum it was a scam. However to prove me he was really working at Microsoft, he spelled...
  3. Scan eventvwr ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan eventvwr ?: Hello, this morning I received a call from someone with an Indian accent, he asked me to type « cmd » then « assoc » and I stopped when he wanted me to type « eventvwr », as I read on the forum it was a scam. However to prove me he was really working at Microsoft, he spelled...
  4. what is 0x5 : Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is 0x5 : Access is denied: I am trying to update a laptop with the latest security updates using SCCM but I am getting the error 0x5 : Access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-0x5-access-is-denied/5b13f2dd-a50d-4302-98bb-ecdae14d8638
  5. what is 0x5 : Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is 0x5 : Access is denied: I am trying to update a laptop with the latest security updates using SCCM but I am getting the error 0x5 : Access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-0x5-access-is-denied/5b13f2dd-a50d-4302-98bb-ecdae14d8638
  6. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  7. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d
  8. eventvwr scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    eventvwr scam: if anyone receives a phone call from the following number saying your computer is sending them a message to say it has a virus which can send information about your accounts. also they say they are from Microsoft. the number they use is 02034091756. they are not from...
  9. /fixboot access denied. Why? What to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    /fixboot access denied. Why? What to do?: I have a win10 machine that's gone wrong. Can't get into win10. Got a message 'BCD not valid' Tried the MS recovery USB I made and followed instructions I have for fixing the BCD. got as far as V: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot> bootrec /fixboot and got 'Access is denied'....
  10. errors in eventvwr

in Windows 10 Customization
    errors in eventvwr: Hi there so I am suddenly (after july update) getting abit of wmi,wdi and svchost.exe_Winmgmt, Wpnservice errors in eventviewer and WER. anyone have any solutions? i can give more information but i assume lots of people have the same event logs and wer logs piling up....