Windows 10: What causes my Desktop freezing

Discus and support What causes my Desktop freezing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the last month, my desktop freezes after a while and nothing works. I have to do a hard shutdown. Some other times I have to do two or three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Milo Bisconer, Dec 30, 2019.

1. What causes my Desktop freezing

For the last month, my desktop freezes after a while and nothing works. I have to do a hard shutdown. Some other times I have to do two or three shutdowns before it will boot up correctly.

:)

Milo Bisconer, Dec 30, 2019

2. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue What causes my Desktop freezing :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Dec 30, 2019
  4. What causes my Desktop freezing

Desktop icons freeze when moving

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

What causes my Desktop freezing

1. What causes my Desktop freezing - Similar Threads - causes Desktop freezing

2. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?: My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way faster. It is a windows 10 system....
  3. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?: My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way faster. It is a windows 10 system....
  4. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is causing my keyboard to freeze like this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is causing my keyboard to freeze like this?: I just upgraded my system to a b550 with 4x16gb 2133 with a Ryzen 5 3600x, Rx 6500xt, Rx 580. I did all the driver updates and bios updates. Then the keyboard started freezing where it will no longer accept input, num lock will not change state, and caps lock will not change....
  6. What is causing my keyboard to freeze like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing my keyboard to freeze like this?: I just upgraded my system to a b550 with 4x16gb 2133 with a Ryzen 5 3600x, Rx 6500xt, Rx 580. I did all the driver updates and bios updates. Then the keyboard started freezing where it will no longer accept input, num lock will not change state, and caps lock will not change....
  7. What is causing my keyboard to freeze like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down: Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard and they gave me another one. Next day same thing happened can anyone help me please. when it freezes everything seems normal...
  9. What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

What could be causing this crashing and freezing.: I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have not been able to fix it. I've tried dusting my computer, reinstalling windows, and updating my drivers. And now just today,...
  10. Anyone know what causes this? (My Desktop Screen)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what causes this? (My Desktop Screen): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Clumsy3D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f67enm/anyone_know_what_causes_this_my_desktop_screen/