Windows 10: What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

Discus and support What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CemEkingen1, Dec 29, 2021.

1. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard and they gave me another one. Next day same thing happened can anyone help me please. when it freezes everything seems normal all fans are working but mouse and keyboard freezing and i had to unplug or shut down from power button. Also it takes too much time to turn it on again because when i try to turn it on it is freezing while booting or sometimes screen is not turning on and I had to turn it off again until it boots normal. sorry for my ba

:)

CemEkingen1, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Jigen Win User

Windows 10 Home freezes

Hi Macboatmaster

Yes it is connect cause i use that device as principal audio
    If i disconnect it, the device disappear from the list and i can't uninstall it
    I remember that when i was testing the PC with OCCT i had high temperatures on CPU package (TSI) : max 105.75 °C

Ok i did this 2 times
    - first time: it freezed
    - second time: hasn't freezed yet

Before the full shutdown i had 2 freezes
    At the start the icons are white and take time to load

EDIT: The PC freezed after the second full shutdown, and happen also with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (1st gen) unplugged.

Jigen, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Win 10 updates cause PC to freeze

Hi,

This issue may happen due to several reasons such as software conflicts. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the update that your PC trying to install?
    • Are you encountering any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter
    and see if this resolves the issue.

Regards.

Katrina Men, Dec 29, 2021
  4. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

1. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down - Similar Threads - causes freeze shutting

2. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  3. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  4. What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?: My laptop is usually turns on its battery saver when it has reached 20% and it usually gives a notification when its battery is lowwhen it reaches 10%. But now it switches off immediately when it has reached 20%. What can I do to fix that?...
  5. What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?

What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?: My laptop is usually turns on its battery saver when it has reached 20% and it usually gives a notification when its battery is lowwhen it reaches 10%. But now it switches off immediately when it has reached 20%. What can I do to fix that?...
  6. What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC shut down and freezing problem

PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  8. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down: Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard and they gave me another one. Next day same thing happened can anyone help me please. when it freezes everything seems normal...
  9. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down: Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard and they gave me another one. Next day same thing happened can anyone help me please. when it freezes everything seems normal...
  10. Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down: I could find nothing in the update which indicated a problem. Since the occurrence is so rare I'll take a wait and see approach for now.