Windows 10: What causes pixilated images?

Discus and support What causes pixilated images? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any idea or suggestions what can cause this? [ATTACH] If I refresh the page, some or nearly all of the pixilated images will clear up...., but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Comrade61, May 4, 2020.

1. Comrade61 Win User

What causes pixilated images?

Any idea or suggestions what can cause this?

What causes pixilated images? 4b90293b-aa35-4a00-863f-a9ddf6555c78?upload=true.jpg

If I refresh the page, some or nearly all of the pixilated images will clear up...., but others will then be scrambled.

This started well over a year or so ago, after one of the big updates from MS. It does this on Chrome, New Edge based on Chrome and Firefox. Doesn't do it on versions of Chrome #75 and earlier. Doesn't do it on the old Edge and doesn't do it on old IE-11. For that reason, I'm assuming it's a software problem, but I could very well be wrong.

I've tried new cables to the monitors, different monitors, changed resolutions and scaling factors. Bought and installed new memory. Went from 16 gig of DDR4 to 32 gig of DDR4. Removed one video card, and then the other. Tried them singly and in SLI, switched them around, and tried in different PCIe slots. Borrowed a new video card from where I work, and it does the same. I've re-installed Windows at least half a dozen times Some of those were full, complete wipe the drive and install. Bought a new OS drive. Went from a 256 gig Samsung 850 Pro SSD to a 1 terabyte Samsung 970 Evo M2 NVME drive, and did a full fresh, new install of the latest version of Win 10.

I think I've tried every setting I can find on the computer for video, with no improvement. I've got;

Intel I7-5930K in an ASUS Rampage V Extreme MB. 32 Gig of G.Skill DDR4-3200 memory. Two, EVGA GTX-1080Ti Founders Edition video cards in SLI with the new SLI connector that came out for them. Got two, 3840 x 2160, 28" Acer monitors. Got a 1000 Watt PS. The aforementioned 1 terabyte Samsung M2 SSD for the OS and programs.

System passes all the memory tests and virus scans I can find. Passes the DISM restore and SFC tests.

The only solution that everyone seems to mention first is to disable hardware acceleration, but it does the same whether it's enabled or not. I've installed the latest Nvidia drivers, and tried older Nvidia drivers. The MB has been flashed to the latest available UEFI from ASUS.

At this point, I don't know where to turn. I've signed up for the Windows Insider program and have been trying the latest builds as they come out, but still no cure. At this point, the only thing I haven't done is change out the CPU and the MB. I'd love to do that, but right now, both my wife and I have medical problems, and since I'm retired, I'd like to put that off for a while. The hardware I've got should be easily able to display static images on web sites. I can open YouTube and have two, different 3840 x2160 videos playing, one on each monitor, with no problems, playing perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated! I've posted to MS and other forums, but MS doesn't seem to be able to hear anything, or at least pretends not to, and I've gotten no ideas from anyone else.

HELP!

:)

Comrade61, May 4, 2020
  2. comrade47 Win User

Image pixilation in Chrome, Edge Beta and Edge Canary.

Hello all! First post.

What causes pixilated images? [​IMG]

I've had a problem for a while with the new browsers.

After changing from IE to Edge, as have many users, I have the problem of constantly losing the favorites. I think I've tried every solution offered on the web, but nothing seems to help. I re-import them and set up the favorites bar...., and sometimes a day later, sometimes an hour later, the favorites are all gone, as is the Home button. I've think I've tried just about everything suggested but it keeps happening even after just installing a new OS drive, a Samsung 970 evo, 1 terabyte SSD drive. Everything installed fine, but the favorite problem is still there even on a fresh, new install.

So, as the question title shows, I've been trying different browsers. I installed Chrome, then Edge Beta and then Edge Canary. They all work well, especially NEVER losing the favorites..., but..., they all exhibit the same problem. Images, seemingly random one, show pixilation. On opening a page, some images will be pixilated, most others not. IE didn't do this and neither did the original Edge. I've even tried Firefox, and it does the same thing.

Below is a screenshot of what happens. If I refresh the screen, sometimes it clears up that image, but then others will be pixilated. I'd be pulling my hair out, except that I'm undergoing some medical treatment, and there isn't much there right now.

comrade47, May 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge Logo Boxy/pixilated

Hi Philip,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 4, 2020
  4. darylm-1 Win User

Videos and pixilating

my computer doing a lot if pixilating when watching video clips

darylm-1, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. What causes pixilated images? - Similar Threads - causes pixilated images

2. Microsoft Photos problems with pixilation issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos problems with pixilation issues: Just recently when viewing my digital images in MS Photos they have small areas of random pixilation. I have tried other 3rd party apps Gimp, ImageGlass Spider and the images are fine. All drivers update using Intel Support Assistance. NUCi5BEHProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-8259U...
  3. Microsoft Photos problems with pixilation issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos problems with pixilation issues: Just recently when viewing my digital images in MS Photos they have small areas of random pixilation. I have tried other 3rd party apps Gimp, ImageGlass Spider and the images are fine. All drivers update using Intel Support Assistance. NUCi5BEHProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-8259U...
  4. Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?: On my PC I have over 19,000 images, most of them are fine. However, there are a few dozens of images that were fine normal in the beginning but then went black. Now no photo app could open them. What caused these images JPG, BMP to go black? How to restore them?...
  5. Image pixilation in Chrome, Edge Beta and Edge Canary.

in Browsers and Email
    Image pixilation in Chrome, Edge Beta and Edge Canary.: Hello all! First post. [img] I've had a problem for a while with the new browsers. After changing from IE to Edge, as have many users, I have the problem of constantly losing the favorites. I think I've tried every solution offered on the web, but nothing seems to help....
  6. fix pixilating on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    fix pixilating on laptop: For whatever reason my laptop just randomly goes into a weird pixilating screen for a while and then goes back to regular screen. I need help fixing this please. thank you....
  7. Videos and pixilating

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos and pixilating: my computer doing a lot if pixilating when watching video clips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-and-pixilating/a298ed02-2cba-4622-8943-8cf93469c811
  8. what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image)

in Windows 10 Support
    what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image): what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image) 127018
  9. videos pixilate and stutter in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    videos pixilate and stutter in windows 10: why are simple new york times videos pixilating and stuttering in windows 10 on my new HP zbook whhich supports HD 4 k resolution? I am using chrome browser. do not want to use Edge. thanks...
  10. when security on it is interfering with television may also be updates causing pixilation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when security on it is interfering with television may also be updates causing pixilation...: when security on it is interfering with television may also be updates causing pixilation and losing picture altogether https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-security-on-it-is-interfering-with-television/07fe81b3-dc33-4400-89e9-a521444483d5