Windows 10: what causes screen flicker?

Discus and support what causes screen flicker? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what causes screen flicker?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EpsilonT, Sep 24, 2018.

1. EpsilonT Win User

what causes screen flicker?

:)

EpsilonT, Sep 24, 2018

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Sep 24, 2018
  4. what causes screen flicker?

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. what causes screen flicker? - Similar Threads - causes screen flicker

2. G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.: Hi,We've got several G9 laptops that cause the TV screens to continually flicker when connected. We've noticed changing the refresh rate resolves this issue, is it possible to change the registry key to have it auto set all new connected screens to 60+ Hz? Instead of having...
  3. G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.: Hi,We've got several G9 laptops that cause the TV screens to continually flicker when connected. We've noticed changing the refresh rate resolves this issue, is it possible to change the registry key to have it auto set all new connected screens to 60+ Hz? Instead of having...
  4. G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.: Hi.After windows 11 auto updated last night it installed an update I'd previously had to uninstall because it bricks my computer. It causes aggressive screen flickering and no programs will open except task manager.This time recovery mode refuses to uninstall the update so I...
  6. Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.: Hi.After windows 11 auto updated last night it installed an update I'd previously had to uninstall because it bricks my computer. It causes aggressive screen flickering and no programs will open except task manager.This time recovery mode refuses to uninstall the update so I...
  7. Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering: So after talking to a friend, I've come to find out that the screen flickering I've been suffering from has been caused by the recent Win10 update called 21H1. At first I thought it was a hardware issue but after talking to my friend who is on entirely different hardware...
  8. 20H2 update causes white flickering screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update causes white flickering screen: I have installed 20H2 three times. Each time Edge comes up with setup directions. Behind is a white flickering screen which is unresponsive - even the start button and task bar are unresponsive. I have to ctrl+alt+del to sign out & reboot in safe mode to run the...
  9. Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?: A couple days ago I started getting black screen flickers that wouldn't stop until I restarted my pc and would come back a couple hours later causing me to have to restart the pc again to fix it and having to continue that process. I thought it was my graphics drivers at...
  10. Start Button and Hidden Icons cause screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button and Hidden Icons cause screen Flickering: I have a problem that has just started over the last week or so. If I hover my mouse over the start button on my Windows 10 machine, the entire screen flickers. I am still able to click on the links on the toolbar most of the time. Sometimes when I click on a link on the...