Windows 10: What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications...

Discus and support What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 (1909) desktop with a GeForce RTX 2070 on latest Nvidia drivers. In certain applications, on launch, I get the NVIDIA overlay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AaronMT, Feb 17, 2020.

1. What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications...

I have a Windows 10 (1909) desktop with a GeForce RTX 2070 on latest Nvidia drivers. In certain applications, on launch, I get the NVIDIA overlay notification and the application (e.g, Spotify) and (Git Tower for Windows 10) become very noticably laggy in their redraw animations, re-sizing, moving the window etc. What is causing this and is there a work-around?

Edit: Figured it out. I had windowed and full-screen G-Sync enabled. I toggled this in the NVIDIA Control Panel. G-Sync should be reserved for full-screen only.

submitted by /u/AaronMT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AaronMT, Feb 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Feb 24, 2020
  4. What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications...

Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable or disable it:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • In Large Icons View, click on
      Display
      and click on Change Display Settings, in the left pane.
    • Click on Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.
    • Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the
      Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.
    • Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications...

1. What causes slow window resizing and window redraw with hardware accelerated applications... - Similar Threads - causes slow window

2. Hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware acceleration: Is there a way to disable 'graphics acceleration' on a device that does not support disabling graphics acceleration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-acceleration/959ef308-0468-468e-b94e-c5b89cde64c4
  3. Hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware acceleration: Is there a way to disable 'graphics acceleration' on a device that does not support disabling graphics acceleration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-acceleration/959ef308-0468-468e-b94e-c5b89cde64c4
  4. Graphic glitch on some application, not redraw refresh !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic glitch on some application, not redraw refresh !: Hi,I'm running a quite high end PC : Intel i9 10900K32Go RamNvidia 3080 aorusFor around 1 month, I have issues on some apps that does not render properly. I need to resize the windows to refresh and redraw what inside it or move my mouse over the element not showing.I finally...
  5. Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD: Hi, I seem to be getting BSOD when using Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON. My configuration is: OS: Windows 10 2004 (build 19041.388) Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard with Intel HD graphics 4000 GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windows features enabled:...
  6. Hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware acceleration: Hi There . How do I enable Hardware acceleration? I am getting this message : '' Hardware acceleration is unsupported or has been disabled on your graphics card.'' Thanks...
  7. accelerate hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    accelerate hardware?: I am unable to finish any instructions on how to accelerate hardware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accelerate-hardware/241d0be8-bb95-4912-8ec4-350278ac49d5
  8. Hardware Acceleration

Hardware Acceleration: I'm trying to turn off hardware acceleration on my PC. I have already turned it off for specific apps such as chrome and Discord. I'm wondering how do I turn it off from my PC in general? I have searched all over the internet but none are helping....
  9. Hardware Acceleration In Windows 10

Hardware Acceleration In Windows 10: I cannot turn in hardware acceleration in my windows 10 PC. Generally, it is located in the Display section of the control panel. But in my control panel, I cannot see a Display section. Please help me turn on hardware acceleration on my PC....
  10. What is causing my windows to be resized ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is causing my windows to be resized ?: This seems to only happen on my WIN 10 Pro system (Its only 2 months old). I have never seen this happen on my WIN 10 Home system. It seems to occur when I have a sized window and I minimize it. After a period of time not using that window, it gets re-sized ! I've been...