Windows 10: What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?

Discus and support What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GuiseppeDiNatale, Nov 15, 2021.

1. What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?

What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?

:)

GuiseppeDiNatale, Nov 15, 2021
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Computer shuts down abruptly and boots itself back up. Likely the cause of a Kernel-PnP error

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• Have you updated all the drivers?

• Have you installed all the Pending updates?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:I suggest you to update the Display drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Display Adapter and Select Graphic.

c. Right-click on the Graphic and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 15, 2021
  4. Desboro Win User

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

1. What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates? - Similar Threads - causes computer updates

2. MS Updates causing issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Updates causing issues.: MS Office and Connection via Wifi to MFC printer-scanner from my 4 yo Acer laptop were 'disabled/disconnected/disfunctioned' after the last 2 Windows 10 updates. Twice, I had to Recover from an earlier Recovery Point.Is there anything I should do to not wasting my time and at...
  3. MS Updates causing issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Updates causing issues.: MS Office and Connection via Wifi to MFC printer-scanner from my 4 yo Acer laptop were 'disabled/disconnected/disfunctioned' after the last 2 Windows 10 updates. Twice, I had to Recover from an earlier Recovery Point.Is there anything I should do to not wasting my time and at...
  4. MS Updates causing issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?: What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-causes-the-computer-to-do-a-back-out-of-ms/aa5d2630-fd41-4057-960f-86b7892b9ab5
  6. What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates?: What causes the computer to do a back out of MS updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-causes-the-computer-to-do-a-back-out-of-ms/aa5d2630-fd41-4057-960f-86b7892b9ab5
  7. What caused my computer to kick back to default settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused my computer to kick back to default settings: Not sure this is the right forum for this. This afternoon I had to go run an errand. I left my computer running. When I came home my computer was completely changed. It's like it was reset back to default settings. My pictures folder is empty. My video folder is empty. My...
  8. Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?: Can resetting my computer, roll back all the updates that have been done on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-computer-reset-cause-updates-to-roll-back/accb8eaa-1a46-442d-a0aa-3b92b0186c34
  9. How do I figure out what caused my computer to freeze?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I figure out what caused my computer to freeze?: what do you mean event viewer You have an Event Viewer under Computer Management. It tracks...events...such as crashes, driver crashes, etc. That's always your first stop for diagnosing issues like this.
  10. Update causes restarts several times, then backs out update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update causes restarts several times, then backs out update.: Bought a new PC that came with Win-8.1 and decided to jump direct to Win-10 with a clean install... no update from 8.1. It worked fine for the first 3 weeks but within the last week when I do a Restart it goes into the "Don't turn your computer off while doing update" or...