Windows 10: What causes the website in which I'm typing to suddenly shut down?

Discus and support What causes the website in which I'm typing to suddenly shut down? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every once in awhile I'll be typing on a page on my work website, and suddenly, without warning, it will revert to my home screen.....and all the work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarrySaidman, Aug 21, 2020.

1. What causes the website in which I'm typing to suddenly shut down?

Every once in awhile I'll be typing on a page on my work website, and suddenly, without warning, it will revert to my home screen.....and all the work I did on the website will be lost.

I suspect it has to do with a combination of keys I inadvertently type.

This last time it also changed the order of all my icons on my home screen.

What might be causing it and, more importantly, how do I reverse it and get my work back?

Thank you.

-Larry S.

:)

LarrySaidman, Aug 21, 2020

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 21, 2020
  4. What causes the website in which I'm typing to suddenly shut down?

PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

What causes the website in which I'm typing to suddenly shut down?

1. What causes the website in which I'm typing to suddenly shut down? - Similar Threads - causes website I'm

2. What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?: My laptop is usually turns on its battery saver when it has reached 20% and it usually gives a notification when its battery is lowwhen it reaches 10%. But now it switches off immediately when it has reached 20%. What can I do to fix that?...
  3. What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?: My laptop is usually turns on its battery saver when it has reached 20% and it usually gives a notification when its battery is lowwhen it reaches 10%. But now it switches off immediately when it has reached 20%. What can I do to fix that?...
  4. What causes a battery to shut down at 20%?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down: Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard and they gave me another one. Next day same thing happened can anyone help me please. when it freezes everything seems normal...
  6. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down: Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard and they gave me another one. Next day same thing happened can anyone help me please. when it freezes everything seems normal...
  7. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

8. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  9. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  10. What causes the FreeCell in Solitaire to sometimes suddenly shut down on its own?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What causes the FreeCell in Solitaire to sometimes suddenly shut down on its own?: Sometimes, while I'm in the middle of playing a FreeCell in the Solitaire application, it will shut down unexpectedly on its own. I can immediately reopen it and resume playing where I left off, but this unsolicited shutdown is really annoying....