Windows 10: what characters are not allowed in a password

Discus and support what characters are not allowed in a password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please confirm which characters are not allowed in a Microsoft Teams user password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dave Peace, Jan 12, 2021.

1. what characters are not allowed in a password

Please confirm which characters are not allowed in a Microsoft Teams user password.

:)

Dave Peace, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Yancyd66 Win User

The password contains characters that aren't allowed.

I've tried changing my Microsoft password using numbers, lower and uppercase letters (random, no names or words) and keep getting "The password contains characters that aren't allowed.". OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Yancyd66, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 password illegal character

If you can get an accessible PC, go to Reset Windows Password with Windows Password Genius- Just 3 Steps Download the software and follow the steps. I had the same problem, now I can access my PC. The version of the software
    is only a trial, which means you can only create an account. But then on that new account you can change the password of the admin account because the text box that appears allows the CTRL + Backspace character and any other character. ☺

JohnathonQRCode, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Aifread Win User

what characters are not allowed in a password

The password contains characters that aren't allowed.

Same error encountered.

(Real) Problem: my password was too complex/long, it is (was) more than 20 characters long (no spaces or special characters not to be used according to their password best practices)

Solution: shorten the password

Inner thoughts: Really? Recommending us to consider password complexity but then limit the length of our password? Isn't password length part of password complexity? Oh well. Guess that's just how it really works.

Aifread, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

what characters are not allowed in a password

1. what characters are not allowed in a password - Similar Threads - characters are allowed

2. Why doesn't Windows allow more than 24 characters login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why doesn't Windows allow more than 24 characters login password: Hi. When I Google the maximum number of characters allowed for a Windows login password it tells me 256 characters but when I try to set a password longer than 24 characters, the field where I type stops at 24. Why is this? Thanks...
  3. Why doesn't Windows allow more than 24 characters login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows allow more than 24 characters login password: Hi. When I Google the maximum number of characters allowed for a Windows login password it tells me 256 characters but when I try to set a password longer than 24 characters, the field where I type stops at 24. Why is this? Thanks...
  4. Why doesn't Windows allow more than 24 characters login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters: Hello. Since this morning impossible to login to my Windows10 desktop machine. The password field on the login screen auto-fills immediately with black dots for one account and with +++ characters for the second. Using another keyboard / mouse gives the same...
  6. Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters: Hello. Since this morning impossible to login to my Windows10 desktop machine. The password field on the login screen auto-fills immediately with black dots for one account and with +++ characters for the second. Using another keyboard / mouse gives the same...
  7. Windows10 password field autofills with +++++++++ characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What’s up with the weird characters?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s up with the weird characters?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DCCCXXV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzbqr5/whats_up_with_the_weird_characters/
  9. bit locker password character use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bit locker password character use: hello, can we use space character in bit locker password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-password-character-use/d9430f3f-f0e2-40ab-908c-b7356d4d1e3c"
  10. FTP.exe password character limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP.exe password character limit: Hi, While trying to login to our Azure Web App FTP using the preinstalled ftp.exe as part of Windows we found out that the passwords which are being generated by Microsoft Azure are too long to use with the ftp.exe command line application. In Azure you can create an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The password contains characters that arent allowed Microsoft

2. the password contains characters that arent allowed