Windows 10: What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.

Discus and support What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot update my computer. It's been trying to update for a couple weeks now. But won't do it. I've tried using the troubleshooters, I've tried going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Justin Cameron1, May 29, 2023.

1. What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.

I cannot update my computer. It's been trying to update for a couple weeks now. But won't do it. I've tried using the troubleshooters, I've tried going online downloading apps, which I can't do from the Windows. Store. But nothing has worked at all. So I'm thinking it's malware, but I don't know and I'm not tech savvy enough to. Figure it out. But nothing will work. I cannot download. Windows Defender. I cannot download anything.

:)

Justin Cameron1, May 29, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 29, 2023
  3. Fix Laptop after upgrade to Windows 10 now slow or freezing completely

Hi Marina,

What is the error that you see on Startup? Provide complete and exact error code or message.

I suggest that you run the SFC scan and check if it helps to improve the Computer performance. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Vinod Archak, May 29, 2023
  4. Eric Ber Win User

What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.

stop code

Hi,

Conflicts with the hardware driver is one of hte possible reasons why you are having a blue screen error with stop code, NTFS.sys. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Can you provide us the complete stop code message?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    to resolve blue screen issues.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, May 29, 2023
Thema:

What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.

1. What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop. - Similar Threads - code 0x800700CB completely

2. Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything: Hi,In error when setting up my new computer I put my birthday in wrong, now my Microsoft account is both an Administrator and also a minor. I have to get permission from another account to open Google Chrome or download an app. Using self help from Microsoft communities, I...
  3. Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions continue to stop me from doing anything: Hi,In error when setting up my new computer I put my birthday in wrong, now my Microsoft account is both an Administrator and also a minor. I have to get permission from another account to open Google Chrome or download an app. Using self help from Microsoft communities, I...
  4. What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything

What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything: I tried to login to my computer yesterday and all it showed was a black screen with a cursor. So I watched a few videos on what I could do and I tried many things like installing windows on another usb and downloading it from there wouldn’t let me, resetting my computer...
  5. What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What do I do if my computer literally won’t let me do anything: I tried to login to my computer yesterday and all it showed was a black screen with a cursor. So I watched a few videos on what I could do and I tried many things like installing windows on another usb and downloading it from there wouldn’t let me, resetting my computer...
  6. What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.

What code is this 0x800700CB? It is completely Stopping me from doing anything on my laptop.: I cannot update my computer. It's been trying to update for a couple weeks now. But won't do it. I've tried using the troubleshooters, I've tried going online downloading apps, which I can't do from the Windows. Store. But nothing has worked at all. So I'm thinking it's...
  7. virtualbox is stopping me from updating my laptop what do i do?

virtualbox is stopping me from updating my laptop what do i do?: I went to update my laptop and a new window opens and basically say this is what you need to do before you update your laptop. So it does its checking thing and it shows an application and its "VirtualBox" and it said I needed to manually uninstall it, so I went to go look it...
  8. virtualbox is stopping me from updating my laptop what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtualbox is stopping me from updating my laptop what do i do?: I went to update my laptop and a new window opens and basically say this is what you need to do before you update your laptop. So it does its checking thing and it shows an application and its "VirtualBox" and it said I needed to manually uninstall it, so I went to go look it...
  9. What should I do if my Microsoft Store is not letting me do anything on it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What should I do if my Microsoft Store is not letting me do anything on it?: What should I do if my Microsoft Store is not letting me do anything on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-if-my-microsoft-store-is-not/4adcf5c0-941e-43a0-b50d-0ba6d1eb9323
  10. Error messages stopping me fro doing anything with laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error messages stopping me fro doing anything with laptop: hi would love some advice. Turned on my laptop and started getting Bad Image error messages. E.g AsusTPCenter.exe - bad image. i have been unable to remove it. I am locked out of my folders. Had a failed windows update which will not load at all no matter how many times...