Windows 10: What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media...

Discus and support What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10. I can play some older MOV files, but when I try to play iPhone 11 MOV files I cannot play them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RDDawson, Nov 22, 2019.

1. RDDawson Win User

What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media...

Hi,

I'm using Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10. I can play some older MOV files, but when I try to play iPhone 11 MOV files I cannot play them. I get the error "Missing codec, This item was encoded in a format that's not supported". I close the error then the screen is blank, but audio plays.

When I use the Photos app, I get the error "install additional codecs to work with this files. Download codecs at Microsoft Store". I go to the MS Store and it tells me to install HEVC Video Extensions (for 0.99).

I have googled a lot to find out what to do. K-Lite (https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm) has been suggested multiple times, but I'm not seeing HEVC listed. Another place recommended Media Player Codec Pack Plus (https://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com/Plus/).

I'm OK technically, but don't have experience in this area. I just want to make sure I'm downloading the right thing and something that is safe and will not mess up my computer.

I have tried to find answers on Microsoft.com, but everything noted is older, out of date and doesn't seem to address the latest WMP with Windows 10 and codec.

Is there a way to test and see if K-lite and MP codec pack are safe to download?

Appreciate advice/direction.

Thank you, Rhonda

:)

RDDawson, Nov 22, 2019
  2. RDDawson Win User

codec missing when running .mov file with Windows Media Player

Hi Virginia,

I'm still working on this. I just haven't had a couple of dedicated hours to deal with it.

I did more googling and found the following:

what codec are needed for iPhone 11 mov files? - Google-Suche

How to Play H.265 Videos with Your Favorite Media Player - Make Tech Easier

The first one confirms that the latest iPhone needs the HEVC codec.

The second one confirms that some of the programs need codec updates. When I tried to open some of these new MOV files in Photos, I got the exact error described. And I get the exact situation explained with Windows Media Player when I open one of these
    new MOV files.

Are you familiar with the How to Play H.265 Videos with Your Favorite Media Player - Make Tech Easier that is recommended under Windows Media Player? When I look
    at K-lite link you sent me, I don't see HEVC listed. It might be included, but I don't see it.

Your thoughts?

And I so appreciate you. My computer is older, I need to upgrade soon, so leery to download stuff that might be suspect or download stuff that I don't need.

Thank you again!!!

RDDawson, Nov 22, 2019
  3. cannot play .mov on media player

I installed QuickTime and downloaded codecs and it still won't play.

VanessaLowell, Nov 22, 2019
  4. What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media...

cannot play .mov on media player

Hi Vanessa,

Some of the possible reasons why you’re unable to play .mov files in your Windows Media Player would be:

• Plug-ins which are required to play the .mov files aren’t installed.
    • If the Windows Media Player’s source is corrupted.
    • In Windows Media Player you need codecs to play .mov files, and if a specific codec is not installed, an error message will pop up.

By installing MOV codec, you can play MOV video files with Windows Media Player. Normally, you can simply install
    QuickTime Player to get MOV codec. Did you try to install third party codec packs?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media...

1. What codec pack is needed for the new iPhone 11 MOV files and is safe for Windows Media... - Similar Threads - codec pack needed

2. I need audio media codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need audio media codecs: my music software off/on plays and I've been told this is happenning in win11 because I don't have 48khz codecs - please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-audio-media-codecs/d90d6871-525f-4312-9632-774f0f4d8fff
  3. I need audio media codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need audio media codecs: my music software off/on plays and I've been told this is happenning in win11 because I don't have 48khz codecs - please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-audio-media-codecs/d90d6871-525f-4312-9632-774f0f4d8fff
  4. Media Player for Windows 11 codecs??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player for Windows 11 codecs??: Hello! I have created and saved videos that are encoded using H.264 and saved them to my device. However, when I try to open them, the Media Player for Windows 11 says there's an issue with how they're encoded. How can I find what codecs are included in the media player so I...
  5. Media Player for Windows 11 codecs??

Media Player for Windows 11 codecs??: Hello! I have created and saved videos that are encoded using H.264 and saved them to my device. However, when I try to open them, the Media Player for Windows 11 says there's an issue with how they're encoded. How can I find what codecs are included in the media player so I...
  6. Need help with codecs for windows media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with codecs for windows media player: I Need help with this: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. Is there anyone at Microsoft who could assist me? Regards Jerry...
  7. MOV files won't play, "missing codec 0xc00d36b4"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MOV files won't play, "missing codec 0xc00d36b4": Immediately after the most recent windows 10 update, my MOV files won't play. It states this item is in a format we don't support. Missing Codec. 0xc00d36b4 I am at a total loss, help....
  8. Are codec packs needed for Windows 10 nowadays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are codec packs needed for Windows 10 nowadays?: The title says it all. If so which codec pack is the best? submitted by /u/Ograws [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4lou4/are_codec_packs_needed_for_windows_10_nowadays/
  9. codec missing when running .mov file with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    codec missing when running .mov file with Windows Media Player: Hi, I'm trying to play a .mov file that was recorded with an iPhone on my windows 10 pc. When it plays, I get the error "missing codec, the item was encoded in a format that's not supported, 0xc00d5212". I select Close and the audio plays, but no video. The file is good...
  10. Does the OS need a codec pack?

Does the OS need a codec pack?: Windows 10 Codec Pack - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com Can windows media player play video files with .m2t extensions? It could not in win7 so I downloaded a codec pack and now it plays them. 98081

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which codec iphone mov uses

2. what codec is needed for windows 10 to play iphone 11 videos

3. iphone 11 videos require codec on pc

4. windows media player codec needed for iphone 11 videos