Windows 10: What command do I enter to start a pre-configured VPN connection?

Discus and support What command do I enter to start a pre-configured VPN connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to set up the synchronisation/backup program that I use on my desktop/laptop which synchronises my files on my university's servers. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THX1138, Oct 11, 2015.

1. THX1138 Win User

What command do I enter to start a pre-configured VPN connection?

I am trying to set up the synchronisation/backup program that I use on my desktop/laptop which synchronises my files on my university's servers. In order to connect to my network share I first have to connect to the University VPN. I'd like to automate this in the synchronisation program and I'm hoping someone can tell me what to enter in the box (see screenshot). I'm guessing it would be the same as what I'd enter into the Run dialogue to do the same thing.

What command do I enter to start a pre-configured VPN connection? [​IMG]

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

THX1138, Oct 11, 2015

2. Making Tor Browser as default browser and configuring VPN (Windows 10)

On Configuring a VPN

First of all, I admit that I do not understand what "configuring" or "adding a VPN" actually means. But I reckon that if I am able to add the VPN that I subscribe to all my internet traffic will pass through the VPN first.

When I go to settings>VPN>add a VPN, these are the boxes that appear:

- VPN provider: When I click on this, "Windows (built-in)" appears. Should I just leave it? Or should I change it? How?

- Connection name: What should I answer here? Should I enter the domain name of my VPN provider (e.g., http://????VPN.com)

-Type of sign-in info: It asks me to enter a user name and password. Should I use my user name in the account that I created in my VPN provider? Other options are smart card and one-time password -- what are these?

I do not understand a lot about these things, but what I know is that using a VPN helps in terms of security and privacy.

Hewlett Packard III, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - cannot access TCP/IPv4 Properties on a PPTP VPN Connection

I had to modify the instructions in the blog slightly to get this to work by adding the

"-AllUserConnection" option to the get-vpn-connection and set-vpn-connection commands from the blog. You'll need to do this if your VPN connection is available to all users and you get a "The configuration cannot be applied
    to the local user VPN connection <name>. : The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection
    " in response to the set-vpn-connection command.

JohnHoffmann54, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

What command do I enter to start a pre-configured VPN connection?

1. What command do I enter to start a pre-configured VPN connection? - Similar Threads - command enter start

2. L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error: Hello,I desperately try to connect to one of the subsidiaries of my company through a VPN.First they sent me all the parameters to set up the connection and it was a L2TP/IPsec with certificate configuration.We configured our firewall to allow the connection I also tried...
  3. L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error: Hello,I desperately try to connect to one of the subsidiaries of my company through a VPN.First they sent me all the parameters to set up the connection and it was a L2TP/IPsec with certificate configuration.We configured our firewall to allow the connection I also tried...
  4. The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration: Hi,When I set the easybcd boot entries for multi-hard drives in EasyBcd, I can then in the command prompt in the windows 10 installation media type bootrec /rebuildbcd for both a lagecy installed hard drive and a uefi installed hard drive. Because for the hard drive that has...
  5. The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration: Hi,When I set the easybcd boot entries for multi-hard drives in EasyBcd, I can then in the command prompt in the windows 10 installation media type bootrec /rebuildbcd for both a lagecy installed hard drive and a uefi installed hard drive. Because for the hard drive that has...
  6. The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. VPN can not be connected after be configured

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN can not be connected after be configured: Hi all:I am trying to configure an build in windows VPN . I followed instruction step by step. it is more or less like the following operation.https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/connect-to-a-vpn-in-windows-10-3d29aeb1-f497-f6b7-7633-115722c1009ci configured 3 laptop....
  8. How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?

How do I configure a VPN connection to my Windows 10 machine?: I'm trying to setup a new VPN connection so others can connect to my network here. All the guides I'm finding show this: [ATTACH] When I load my Network Connections, though, I do not have any menu bar: [ATTACH] I can't find anything to show/hide such a menu either. I...
  9. What is VPN & what does it do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is VPN & what does it do: I want to know what VPN is & what it does. Does it slow down the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-vpn-what-does-it-do/02c457a5-404a-4127-9626-b65a9072c093
  10. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically: I have a VPN that I wish to connect to every time I start the system, instead of starting it manually. How can I do that in Windows 10 (I'm fairly sure it could be done in Windows 7)? Thanks Dave 83980