Windows 10: What constitutes a free app or extension at Microsoft/Windows?

Discus and support What constitutes a free app or extension at Microsoft/Windows? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I am sort of new at the Microsft store. I always use apps/extensions on Google Chrome or my android phone. So I got interested in apps/extensions... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnWarmkessel, Mar 13, 2020.

1. What constitutes a free app or extension at Microsoft/Windows?

So I am sort of new at the Microsft store. I always use apps/extensions on Google Chrome or my android phone. So I got interested in apps/extensions for my laptop. I was viewing the free area for now and came across one that says it is free for one day. That constitutes with Microsoft. A free app/extension should only be listed if it is totally free, isn't something that you have to buy a trial version or shareware. Isn't this wrong?

:)

JohnWarmkessel, Mar 13, 2020

2. Cant set the default app for extensions

Hi Alex,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know which app you are trying to set for
      .res extension?
    2. Could you check the app you are trying to set, if it is feasible with
      .res extension?

You may follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Setting >
      Apps.
    2. Click on Default apps.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by file type.
    4. Look for .res extension on the left pane.
    5. Across .res extension, click on
      Choose a default.
    6. Try browsing for the app.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 13, 2020
  3. How to set a default app for extensions?

Hi Tyler,

Which app are you trying to set for .res extension?

Please try to check the app you are trying to set. Is it feasible with .res extension?

I suggest performing the steps below and check if it fixes the problem.

Go to Setting - Apps - Click on Default apps - Click on Choose default apps by file type.

On the left, search for .res extension

Across .res extension, tap on Choose a default

Try browsing for the app.

Martin Jenkinss, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

What constitutes a free app or extension at Microsoft/Windows?

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

What constitutes a free app or extension at Microsoft/Windows?

1. What constitutes a free app or extension at Microsoft/Windows? - Similar Threads - constitutes free app

2. Microsoft what's up with this new Realtek Extension.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft what's up with this new Realtek Extension.: Microsoft what's up with this new Realtek Extension 6.0.9567.1 that continues to have an "Install Error?" 0x80070103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-whats-up-with-this-new-realtek-extension/2f138378-4709-4e3e-8e80-03b62d5034f1
  3. Microsoft what's up with this new Realtek Extension.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft what's up with this new Realtek Extension.: Microsoft what's up with this new Realtek Extension 6.0.9567.1 that continues to have an "Install Error?" 0x80070103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-whats-up-with-this-new-realtek-extension/2f138378-4709-4e3e-8e80-03b62d5034f1
  4. What is DIS Extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is DIS Extension?: I am Win 10 64 21H2 latest version.Each morning iI heck for updates under Settings.Most days is just Security Intelligence being updatedThis morning the update was DIS Extension 1.10.34.0Can some member please explain to me what this is.ThanksNeil...
  5. What is DIS Extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is DIS Extension?: I am Win 10 64 21H2 latest version.Each morning iI heck for updates under Settings.Most days is just Security Intelligence being updatedThis morning the update was DIS Extension 1.10.34.0Can some member please explain to me what this is.ThanksNeil...
  6. What is DIS Extension?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What constitutes a "High DPI" video monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What constitutes a "High DPI" video monitor?: I initially asked this question on the MSDN forum but couldn't find an answer there - so here goes...Visual Studio allows me to compile an app so that it's DPI Aware - in other words, if my video monitor has a high DPI setting, the app will behave differently somehow,...
  8. On a 1tb hard drive, what constitutes low free disk space?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On a 1tb hard drive, what constitutes low free disk space?: On a 1tb hard drive, what constitutes low free disk space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-a-1tb-hard-drive-what-constitutes-low-free-disk/6f177fd8-bc68-48ac-a566-19e097c5f0b5
  9. what is the mail app's short name with extension?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is the mail app's short name with extension?: what is the mail app's full name with extension? for example command prompt is cmd.exe submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enrru3/what_is_the_mail_apps_short_name_with_extension/
  10. What constitutes a Full backup in MR?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What constitutes a Full backup in MR?: Here's a scenario... My C drive gets backed up daily using Incremental Forever method. After 30 incremental backups are formed I get the impression that these are somehow formed into a Full. Every new incremental (afterwards) are morphed into this Full, while getting rid of...