Windows 10: What contractual terms apply to my Windows 10 installation?

Discus and support What contractual terms apply to my Windows 10 installation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I've just bought a DELL M6400 laptop. It's a nice piece of kit. Now, after I got it, and switched it on, although it was showing as activated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by richard2277, Sep 25, 2019.

1. What contractual terms apply to my Windows 10 installation?

Hi. I've just bought a DELL M6400 laptop. It's a nice piece of kit. Now, after I got it, and switched it on, although it was showing as activated the blurb said the license would expire on 28th September 2019. Anyway, I Googled the issue and ended up opening up an elevated Command Prompt and typing in "slmgr /rearm". Now, there is no message saying the license is to expire on a certain date.

I happened to notice that Windows Defender had quaranteened / deleted something. It said "HackTool: Win32/AutoKMS."

The laptop probably came from a business. And that may have a bearing.

What I want to know is on what basis am I being allowed to use the OS. I believe I have a KMS Client Setiup Key, as the the final characters are T83GX. Basically, I'm worried that at some point I'll have to pay in order to keep using the OS. Could someone please address this? Thank you. Rich

:)

richard2277, Sep 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

What contractual terms apply to my Windows 10 installation?

Delta6326, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

What contractual terms apply to my Windows 10 installation?

1. What contractual terms apply to my Windows 10 installation? - Similar Threads - contractual terms apply

2. Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied: Our terminal server GPO is effecting 2 users who work locally. Does somebody knows why this is happening?This happened if they log in on every workstation....
  3. Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied: Our terminal server GPO is effecting 2 users who work locally. Does somebody knows why this is happening?This happened if they log in on every workstation....
  4. In simple terms, what is KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION 13a?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In simple terms, what is KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION 13a?: The BSOD happens specifically when going into a specific game after tabbing out for a while, so I'm going to file a bug report for that game as I don't believe it's Windows causing it....
  5. Windows 10 Theme not installing or applying.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Theme not installing or applying.: This is the theme. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/earth-from-above-premium/9pflgjn5pj7d?activetab=pivot:overviewtab# Windows Version 1903 Build 18362.836 Tried wsreset, logged out of store to try to re-acquire the theme. Found that it had attempted to download the...
  6. What is Windows 10 LTSC or Long-Term Servicing Channel?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Windows 10 LTSC or Long-Term Servicing Channel?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When it comes to Windows Update, Microsoft wants consumers to keep their computers updated. However, this strategy doesn’t work for Business, and especially those devices which only depend on functionality and features that don’t change over time. That’s...
  7. windows 10 terms and conditions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 terms and conditions: hi here are the terms and conditions of windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm I need to know how given section (2 d iii) we have that it means (I was told) that as long as I have a separate license...
  8. what is focus assist in laymens terms

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is focus assist in laymens terms: What is focus assist in laymens terms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-focus-assist-in-laymens-terms/9b9998dd-d8a7-46fe-9e34-3d16960e9b76
  9. What is Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) for Windows 10: If you ask someone from Microsoft, or read industry guidance, about the best strategy for managing Windows 10 updates, the overarching recommendation is to use the Semi-Annual Channel (SAC) as the default servicing channel for Windows 10 devices. With the Semi-Annual Channel,...
  10. What does this mean in layman terms?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What does this mean in layman terms?: Like many others I'm sure, I am having many failures installing Windows 10.1511. Windows Update offers no error code and sometimes it doesn't even tell me that "Problems were found while installing..." . So I had a look in the Windows System log using Event Viewer and, more...