Windows 10: What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze?

Discus and support What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Before updating from the previous build to 1903 at the end of May, everything on my notebook was OK. This is a Samsung notebook with Win 10 Pro,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xprt007, Jun 17, 2019.

1. xprt007 Win User

What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze?

Hi

Before updating from the previous build to 1903 at the end of May, everything on my notebook was OK.
    This is a Samsung notebook with Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, otherwise with all available Windows Updates and those of other software and drivers installed.

After the above mentioned major update, there have been some additional Windows updates of diverse software and drivers with the help of Driver Easy Pro driver updater, though or the graphic card, i have used those a tool on the AMD site recommends for the AMD Radeon HD 7640G graphic card.

In the last 7 - 10 days, including yesterday and today, while listening to streaming video, the PC has suddenly got frozen 4 times and only not reacted to any keys/mouse until after a forced shutdown + new start.

The first 3 times, it was while the VLC player (latest 64 bit version) was on, making me suspect it was the culprit. In the first 2 cases, I was multitasking, but the 3rd time, only VLC as only task running with a CNN stream after a new start.

About 30 minutes ago, though the freezing struck again. I was watching a news stream using the Online TV 15 from onlinetv15.de with several tasks running, including Firefox + VLC player in the background, but I THINK not streaming.

The sudden freezing is random and comes totally out of the blue and so makes me sometimes lose unsaved work and so absolutely annoying. Since apart from today and yesterday, the other 2 instances lie 4 - 10 days back, it's not possible to identify the time or change that could have triggered this.

Before the above mentioned updates, I never had any similar problem with any of the programs and the last time of freezing lies probably 1 - 1.5 years ago.

So my question is what could be behind this this sudden freezing?

As mentioned, currently used graphic drivers caused no issue before the upgrade and any newer ones recommended by Driver Easy or iObit Driver Booster cause problems with overheating. Otherwise like right now as I write this, the CPU temps are 46° - 51°C and 49% memory use, with a stream in Firefox + diverse tabs on + a couple of other programs.
    I have no overheating or memory problems. Also, this is a relatively fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro (about 3 weeks old).

Thank you in advance

:)

xprt007, Jun 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jun 17, 2019
  4. What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze?

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze?

1. What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze? - Similar Threads - ausing suddenly randomly

2. Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?: [ATTACH] The BSOD was apparently caused by ntoskrnl.exe. System Info: OS: Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build: 19042.789 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition Ram: 16GB DDR4 Cl16 3200Mhz Trident Z Royal Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi PSU: Corsair RM850x...
  3. windows 10 freeze suddenly

windows 10 freeze suddenly: just starting today my windows start to freeze after using amd cleaner utility to fix my amd radeon software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-suddenly/aa5910d5-60ba-41c5-a50c-992180fcfaa5
  4. What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

What could be causing this crashing and freezing.: I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have not been able to fix it. I've tried dusting my computer, reinstalling windows, and updating my drivers. And now just today,...
  5. Windows 10 suddenly freezes

Windows 10 suddenly freezes: Dear Community, I need some advice on a problem that I tried to fix in 100 ways with no success. I have a notebook that runs Windows 10. Its performance is great but it increasingly manifests an issue: during the booting or right afterwards the disk would go up to 100%...
  6. Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static: Hello. I've been dealing with random freezes on my PC for just over a month now. At the moment, it happens about every 3-4 days, though initially it was about once a week or so (first 3 times: Nov 9th, 17th, 26th). While the first handful of freezes were during idling, it...
  7. Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes

Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes: Good day TenForums, As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very frequently lately. My system is running on: Windows 10, Intel i5 4570 Radeon 6950 12Gig Ram. I added the DM log file...
  8. windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 randomly freezes: Windows 10 build 10586.14 randomly freezes and requires a power button restart. Happens once or twice per week. Never happened until I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available for the public. 32686
  9. Windows 10 Sudden Freezes!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sudden Freezes!: Hi, I got this new computer for Christmas and it had Windows 10. I have one issue with Windows 10. Every so often the OS freezes and it stops me from doing anything but open applications and use them. I can't close them I can't open anything Can't use the Taskbar or use...
  10. Windows 10 freeze randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freeze randomly: I installed a new graphics card while I was still on Windows 7 and was having the same issue so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows 10 while I'm at it, but I have the same problem still and it makes my pc unusable at times 49972