Windows 10: What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

Discus and support What could be causing my desktop to be so slow? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jackie Bennett1, May 24, 2023.

1. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way faster. It is a windows 10 system.

:)

Jackie Bennett1, May 24, 2023
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, May 24, 2023
  3. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, May 24, 2023
  4. Desboro Win User

What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, May 24, 2023
Thema:

What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

1. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow? - Similar Threads - causing desktop slow

2. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?: My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way faster. It is a windows 10 system....
  3. What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could be causing my desktop to be so slow?: My desktop has gotten very slow. It has a 310ghz processor with 8 gig of memory. What could be causing it to be so slow. My wife's laptop is way faster. It is a windows 10 system....
  4. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  5. What could cause this crash?

What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  6. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED in ntbtlog.txt - is this what is causing my laptop to run so slow at...

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED in ntbtlog.txt - is this what is causing my laptop to run so slow at...: This is part of the results from the bootlog. BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\disk.sys BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED HP Officejet Pro 8630 NET BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @hal.inf,%acpi_amd64.devicedesc%;ACPI x64-based PC BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8630...
  8. BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED in ntbtlog.txt - is this what is causing my laptop to run so slow at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED in ntbtlog.txt - is this what is causing my laptop to run so slow at...: This is part of the results from the bootlog. BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\disk.sys BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED HP Officejet Pro 8630 NET BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @hal.inf,%acpi_amd64.devicedesc%;ACPI x64-based PC BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8630...
  9. What causes my Desktop freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    What causes my Desktop freezing: For the last month, my desktop freezes after a while and nothing works. I have to do a hard shutdown. Some other times I have to do two or three shutdowns before it will boot up correctly....
  10. What is slowing my desktop down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is slowing my desktop down?: I have pretty good specs - Or at least I think I do. I'm barely tech savvy - enough to know how many ghz to look for in a processor for what I need it to do but not much else. After assembling it and an initial month of perfect smooth performance it I'm nearly a year to...