Windows 10: What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

Discus and support What could be causing this crashing and freezing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ian Camling, Jun 4, 2020.

1. What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have not been able to fix it. I've tried dusting my computer, reinstalling windows, and updating my drivers. And now just today, at 2:00 my computer froze for I would say 30 seconds, and then just went to a black screen and booted itself back up. I went to look in the event viewer, and in the system tab of the windows logs, there is a critical error that says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." No bluescreens, just an automatic restart by itself. I'm not sure what I should and should not give out, but if anything is needed, I can provide. The source is "Kernel-Power" not sure what that means.

:)

Ian Camling, Jun 4, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 4, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 4, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

GPU-Z 0.7.5 causing crashes on load up

Any chance you could narrow it down to which running application causes GPU-Z to crash? Ideally steps to reproduce for me here.

W1zzard, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

1. What could be causing this crashing and freezing. - Similar Threads - causing crashing freezing

2. What is causing this crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing this crash?: I keep having an issue where around 2 hours into playing the game modern warfare 2 my PC crashes with the stop code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, I tried everything including wiping the whole PC and doing a fresh install of windows. I will provide the DMP file and the V2 Log...
  3. What is causing this crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing this crash?: I keep having an issue where around 2 hours into playing the game modern warfare 2 my PC crashes with the stop code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, I tried everything including wiping the whole PC and doing a fresh install of windows. I will provide the DMP file and the V2 Log...
  4. What is causing this crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What could be the cause of system failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be the cause of system failure?: I was playing and in the middle of the game I felt that the pc was slow, then after ten minutes I heard the sound that my computer fan stopped working, the computer also turned offi saw on monitor that pc turned off and I saw on the computer case that the hdd light was off...
  6. What could be the cause of system failure?

What could be the cause of system failure?: I was playing and in the middle of the game I felt that the pc was slow, then after ten minutes I heard the sound that my computer fan stopped working, the computer also turned offi saw on monitor that pc turned off and I saw on the computer case that the hdd light was off...
  7. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  8. What could cause this crash?

What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  9. What could cause this crash?

10. Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?

Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?: [ATTACH] The BSOD was apparently caused by ntoskrnl.exe. System Info: OS: Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build: 19042.789 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition Ram: 16GB DDR4 Cl16 3200Mhz Trident Z Royal Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi PSU: Corsair RM850x...