Windows 10: What could be the cause of constant BSODs on fresh install of windows?

Discus and support What could be the cause of constant BSODs on fresh install of windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just rebuilt a computer with a new MB, CPU, RAM and NVME drive. The computer posts fine and everything is accounted for in the BIOS, but upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joseph of Newport, May 21, 2020.

1. What could be the cause of constant BSODs on fresh install of windows?

I just rebuilt a computer with a new MB, CPU, RAM and NVME drive. The computer posts fine and everything is accounted for in the BIOS, but upon attempting to install Windows 10, the installer always crashes at one point or another with one of the following BSODs:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ACPI_BIOS_ERROR
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I've tried updating the BIOS, re-seating the RAM, swapping which RAM stick is in which slot, resetting CMOS by manually removing the battery for a while, removing the NVME drive and formatting it, then deleting the partition using another computer and an NVME enclosure and running 'sfc/scannow' in the command prompt from the system repair option in the installer no errors found to no avail.

Next step I'm going to try is to run out and by a new power supply to see if that changes anything but I'm wondering if someone experienced with PC knows what might be the most likely cause?

PC Components involved:

ASUS Prime B450M-A/CSM MB
    AMD Ryzen 3 3200g CPU
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2x4GB 2400MHz PC4 19200 C16 DDR4 DRAM
    Silicon Power 256GB NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 2280 TLC SSD

:)

Joseph of Newport, May 21, 2020
  2. H51M4H Win User
    H51M4H, May 21, 2020
  3. H51M4H Win User
    Constant BSODs on fresh Windows 10 install

Had to do another fresh install of Windows 10 as I was unable to turn verifier off.

Kept getting BSODs however was able to install the AMD chipset software package. I haven't had a BSOD... yet.

H51M4H, May 21, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

What could be the cause of constant BSODs on fresh install of windows?

Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

What could be the cause of constant BSODs on fresh install of windows? [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Thema:

What could be the cause of constant BSODs on fresh install of windows?

1. What could be the cause of constant BSODs on fresh install of windows? - Similar Threads - cause constant BSODs

2. What is the cause of my constant BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the cause of my constant BSOD?: It's happened 7 times over the last 10 hours. However, it wasn't being used during most of the time. I don't have any idea what I'm doing that could be causing it. I am mostly just browsing and working on it most of the time. The minidump logs are...
  3. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows: Hi everyone,I'll try keep this as brief as possible but I am not sure what the important details are to include.A while back I upgraded my pc to include some new RAM second hand from someone I trust, and shortly after I started receiving constant BSODs. For some reason the...
  4. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows: Hi everyone,I'll try keep this as brief as possible but I am not sure what the important details are to include.A while back I upgraded my pc to include some new RAM second hand from someone I trust, and shortly after I started receiving constant BSODs. For some reason the...
  5. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?

Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?: [ATTACH] The BSOD was apparently caused by ntoskrnl.exe. System Info: OS: Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build: 19042.789 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition Ram: 16GB DDR4 Cl16 3200Mhz Trident Z Royal Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi PSU: Corsair RM850x...
  7. BSOD Constantly and during fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Constantly and during fresh install: So about a year ago i built this PC: Specs: -AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -Asus Prime B450M-A-Patriot Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB 2 x 4GB -PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 570 AXRX 570 4GBD5-3DHD/OC First thing i did was install windows. Everything went smooth for a couple of...
  8. Constant BSoDs on fresh Windows 10 installation

Constant BSoDs on fresh Windows 10 installation: So I've been getting seemingly random BSoDs for the past week or so, 4-5 times a day. Blue Screen Viewer says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe and the most common error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but there are also others like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or...
  9. Constant BSODs on fresh Windows 10 install

Constant BSODs on fresh Windows 10 install: Constant BSODs on fresh Windows 10 install, I have also done SFC, DISM, CHKDSK, and Windows Mem Diagnostics. Link to Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/cvpBFdIbvDQHa5hhwQ1TX5o Link to minidump and msinfo32 https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amq1qVpPO2bI2wKl8kZRJ_IASsXE?e=KTbbg5...
  10. BSOD constantly on fresh install

BSOD constantly on fresh install: So i was asked to look at a computer that belongs to my co-workers son. I said sure and went over to look. The sone was having issues with crashes, so the tech he called told him to upgrade to 10. He went and bought a 10 disk and installed it, but now nothing works. When...