Windows 10: what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

Discus and support what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by h m4, Oct 30, 2022.

1. h m4 Win User

what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

:)

2. swbst3 Win User

Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several hours of the day. However, out of nowhere, the keyboard will suddenly stop working for certain applications.

Here is what I know:

• -It doesn't seem to be every application. A lot of the times, I open a new email and suddenly cannot type. When this occurs, the delete, home, insert keys still work on the keyboard (inside of the new email reply).

• -When I can no longer type in an application, I can open an Internet browser and still type to enter a URL or search Google so the keyboard never completely stops functioning...only for the application where the problem is currently happening.

• -When I can no longer type in an application, other applications still allow me to type like there is no issue at all.

• -Unplugging the keyboard and plugging back in does not resolve the issue. Additionally, as mentioned above, the keyboard still works in other open applications.

• -Laptop has 16GB of memory. I do not believe this is a performance related issue.

• -I am rebooting my laptop a few times a day to fix the issue.

• -I am also noticing that after 10-15 minutes or so, the program(s) that previously prohibited me from typing (all of a sudden), will just start working again as if nothing ever happened.

• -Restarting the laptop fixes the issue. Closing the program experiencing the issue and then re-opening does NOT fix the problem.

What I can't figure out:

• -I cannot figure out a pattern as to which applications are experiencing this issue. It happens often in Outlook and also happens in my IM client (using pidgin). It has happened as well in SQL Server.
    • -I cannot figure out how long it takes for the program to "recover." As I mentioned above, I don't always have to reboot for the keyboard to start working again. Sometimes waiting several minutes fixes the problem.

I am troubleshooting as well as I can, but I am also quite busy with work so sometimes the easiest method is simply to reboot and hope I catch on to some pattern the next time the issue occurs.

Any help provided will certainly be appreciated as this is starting to become quite frustrating. I am also going to check HP's support, but my first inclination is that this is a Windows 10 issue.

Thanks in Advance!

swbst3, Oct 30, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    My keyboard quit working

Hi,

It is possible that your keyboard may be unresponsive due to outdated drivers or it is defective. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried connecting your keyboard to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another keyboard and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check, read and follow the steps this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.
    It will let you check your hardware, wireless connection, and the device. You may also perform the instructions for Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers to download, install, and update driver.

Feel free to post back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2022
  4. what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

keyboard quit working after installing Window 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with keyboard stopped working after installing Windows 10 on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?

• Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message along with the error code?
    There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt keyboard drivers in the computer.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

To diagnose the issue, let’s first try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached
    to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the driver software for keyboard and check if it helps.

Note: If you are using a laptop, you have to first download the keyboard drivers from computer manufacturer before uninstalling them.

To do so, please refer to the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Type devmgmt.msc in start search box and hit
      Enter.

• In Device Manager, expand the mouse & keyboard listed in the device list.

• Right click on the driver.

• Click Uninstall.

• Reboot the computer. The drivers will get installed automatically.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

I would also suggest you to try and connect an external keyboard and check if it helps. Also, check the
    behavior in on-screen keyboard. Please refer to the steps in the following Microsoft Help article given below.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 30, 2022
Thema:

1. what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop - Similar Threads - issue keyboard quite

2. my laptop keyboard is not working , what could be the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop keyboard is not working , what could be the issue: i left my laptop in sleep mode for over 24 hours vlc media playing , now upon switching it on the kewboard is not working . what could be the issue and how can it be ressolved?...
  3. my laptop keyboard is not working , what could be the issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop keyboard is not working , what could be the issue: i left my laptop in sleep mode for over 24 hours vlc media playing , now upon switching it on the kewboard is not working . what could be the issue and how can it be ressolved?...
  4. my laptop keyboard is not working , what could be the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop: what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-my-keyboard-to-quite/85859192-98dc-4f61-8d4a-17e381d7c861
  6. what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop

what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop: what could be the issue my keyboard to quite working on my hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-could-be-the-issue-my-keyboard-to-quite/85859192-98dc-4f61-8d4a-17e381d7c861
  7. keyboard quit working on laptop

keyboard quit working on laptop: Hi my laptop updated itself and afterwords the built keyboard has keys that wont work plus any external keyboard i plug in doesn't work at all. A mouse is the only usb device I can get to work...
  8. laptop keyboard quits working

laptop keyboard quits working: What would be corrupting my user profile every day? I have to do system restore every day to get my keyboard working again. The keyboard failure occurs only in this one user account....
  9. What could be causing this keyboard shortcut issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What could be causing this keyboard shortcut issue?: I can't ctrl-shift-escape to bring up task manager if i use the left ctrl or left shift. I can do it find using any combination of left and right keys. I can see on keyboard testers that the inputs are working so it's obviously not the left side keys being broken or...
  10. my hp laptop speakers quit working anyone know how to fix this issue

my hp laptop speakers quit working anyone know how to fix this issue: my hp laptop speakers quit working anyone know how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-speakers-quit-working-anyone-know-how/7faac36d-0e4a-46ea-a16d-8bf0fd09fd92