Windows 10: What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?

Discus and support What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded the CPU on my Windows 10 desktop. The new CPU has the same power usage as the old CPU. After upgrading, I noticed that every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnthonyDungan64, Mar 1, 2022.

1. What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?

I recently upgraded the CPU on my Windows 10 desktop. The new CPU has the same power usage as the old CPU. After upgrading, I noticed that every time I went into power options and chose "sleep," upon starting my computer, it booted from BIOS into the operating system. I've run the power troubleshooter, checked my BIOS for power saving settings and it doesn't have any, checked that I'm on the most recent version of windows, and since I have an AMD CPU, the IMEI isn't the cause of my issue. I did uncheck the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option anyways, and still no

:)

AnthonyDungan64, Mar 1, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

However, please let us know:

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 1, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Let us know the results and we will help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 1, 2022
  4. What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?

computer shuts down in sleep mode

My computer is shutting down in sleep mode. I have contacted Microsoft 3 times and nothing is resolving this issue. We have tried system restore, changing power functions and they actually did a manual upgrade and it's still shutting down. I am
    concerned having to turn the computer back on is going to damage the life of the computer. Any other suggestions?

dale a.lorenz, Mar 1, 2022
Thema:

What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?

1. What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode? - Similar Threads - cause computer shut

2. What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?: I recently upgraded the CPU on my Windows 10 desktop. The new CPU has the same power usage as the old CPU. After upgrading, I noticed that every time I went into power options and chose "sleep," upon starting my computer, it booted from BIOS into the operating system. I've...
  3. What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could cause my computer to shut off immediately after being put into sleep mode?: I recently upgraded the CPU on my Windows 10 desktop. The new CPU has the same power usage as the old CPU. After upgrading, I noticed that every time I went into power options and chose "sleep," upon starting my computer, it booted from BIOS into the operating system. I've...
  4. Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down: I've been having this issue for a while now, so I don't really remember what is the start of it. But whenever I turn off or put my computer in sleep mode, it turns right back on. I've actually just got done doing a complete system reset on my pc, but still having the same...
  5. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode: I put my computer in sleep mode quite often and have never had a problem. But for the past couple of days, my computer crashes blue screen with a windows stop code when I put it to sleep. It doesn't happen the first time I put it to sleep -- only the second time?!? I've...
  6. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  7. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. Is there a reason this might be happening? Things I've tried troubleshooting...
  8. Computer restarts after being put to sleep.

Computer restarts after being put to sleep.: Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my laptop running Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer to sleep (either via the start menu, low battery or by pressing the 'power' button which I've set to put the computer to sleep), often when I go to wake the computer it will...
  9. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...
  10. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...