Windows 10: What could it be if the pc restarts when windows loads or just straight up freezes even...

Discus and support What could it be if the pc restarts when windows loads or just straight up freezes even... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the first fresh install it worked, I then installed windows updates with every automatic driver, pc restarts and freeze with black screen, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Liberal_circlejerkk, Dec 7, 2019.

1. What could it be if the pc restarts when windows loads or just straight up freezes even...

After the first fresh install it worked, I then installed windows updates with every automatic driver, pc restarts and freeze with black screen, I force restart and then the exact same thing happens, it restarts automatically at windows welcome.

Do you think the HDD is defect? I would buy a new SSD then.

submitted by /u/Liberal_circlejerkk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Liberal_circlejerkk, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Nick259 Win User

Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Work PC freezes while loading Windows

Nearly every morning when we switch on the main work pc, it freezes before loading Windows. Occasionally some mornings it doesn't do it. Other times, we have to power it on and off some 5 times before it decides to work properly! This has been going on for weeks now.

Usually it freezes on the password screen, either before or after inputting the password.

Once Windows loads, the computer works perfectly. It even crunches all the time at 100%.

I've tried several things now:

- memtest
    - scanning for viruses (including with malwarebytes).
    - repair using the Win 7 disk.
    - sfc /scannow which found everything ok.
    - ccleaner.
    - the full version of Registry Mechanic.

(I wouldn't want to do a fresh Win 7 install because then we'd have to re-install the accounting software as well and it'll be expensive since for security reasons the seller doesn't distribute diskettes and passwords..*Roll Eyes What could it be if the pc restarts when windows loads or just straight up freezes even... :rolleyes:)

Here are its system specs:

Q9400
    Asus P5KPL-AM SE
    1 x 2048MB Supertalent DDR2
    Onboard graphics
    Win 7 x86 SP1

Suggestions?

Black Panther, Dec 7, 2019
  4. What could it be if the pc restarts when windows loads or just straight up freezes even...

Windows 7 freezes then restarts

OKay I can see that changing it to Ide, it's gotten me further in the loading process but it freezes. And restarts. If there another option? I'm going to try the start up repair to see if that helps.

The3chosenone, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

What could it be if the pc restarts when windows loads or just straight up freezes even...

1. What could it be if the pc restarts when windows loads or just straight up freezes even... - Similar Threads - restarts loads straight

2. PC freezes when loading up a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes when loading up a game.: This is a follow-up from my previous post, my pc no longer freezes shortly after start-up or download something, the pc still freezes as i am about to load into a game, I tried to play Fortnite and it froze, Half Life 1 was fine though....
  3. PC freezes when loading up a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes when loading up a game.: This is a follow-up from my previous post, my pc no longer freezes shortly after start-up or download something, the pc still freezes as i am about to load into a game, I tried to play Fortnite and it froze, Half Life 1 was fine though....
  4. PC freezes when loading up a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Roblox just straight up not working.

Roblox just straight up not working.: I have done everything I can for the Microsoft store Roblox to work, but it just won't work. Yes, I've tried the command prompt, the Windows PowerShell, you name it. It will open, Show the logo and make an error noise then stay open showing logo, then just closes after a...
  6. Roblox just straight up not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox just straight up not working.: I have done everything I can for the Microsoft store Roblox to work, but it just won't work. Yes, I've tried the command prompt, the Windows PowerShell, you name it. It will open, Show the logo and make an error noise then stay open showing logo, then just closes after a...
  7. My pc lost power and when I restarted it it's just loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc lost power and when I restarted it it's just loading: My pc lost power and when i started it it's just loading and not loading into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-lost-power-and-when-i-restarted-it-its-just/7c0a6815-a9bd-4256-bae2-1dc4a90c591e
  8. My pc lost power and when I restarted it it's just loading

My pc lost power and when I restarted it it's just loading: My pc lost power and when i started it it's just loading and not loading into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-lost-power-and-when-i-restarted-it-its-just/7c0a6815-a9bd-4256-bae2-1dc4a90c591e
  9. Windows goes straight to restart after loading any games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows goes straight to restart after loading any games.: My stats:Windows 10 HomeProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3300 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical ProcessorsInstalled Physical Memory RAM 40.0 GBNvidia GeForce 1080ti1 4TB HDD Western DigitalI 2TB HDD Seagate1 250GB SSD SamsungThis issue started on 8/5/21. I made no...
  10. PC boots up and freezes in loading screen even automatic repair freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots up and freezes in loading screen even automatic repair freezes: I've been having this issue recently with my new PC where when it first happened the problem I was just using my PC when it randomly froze I then turned off and turned on the PC and the boot screen freezes even going to the system automatic repair it freezes I've tried things...