Windows 10: What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

Discus and support What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Val So, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Val So Win User

What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the system and to enhance the user experience."However, i didn't understand what "related software" means. Is it software that is part of Windows, or does the Telemetry also collects personal information and information about third-party software like video games, my account in Steam, my personal files in LibreOffice, etc..

:)

Val So, Jun 25, 2022

2. Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Hi May,

To answer your inquiry about Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility, you may refer to the information provided below.

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Telemetry is system data that is uploaded by the Connected User Experience and Telemetry component. The telemetry data is used to keep Windows devices secure, and to help Microsoft improve the quality of Windows and Microsoft services. It is used to provide
    a service to the user as part of Windows.

Basically, it is an automated process, where data is collected at remote points and transmitted back to the ‘parent’, who uses it for the purpose or measuring, monitoring and improving services.

Yes, it can be disabled by going through Registry Editor. However, it is highly advisable not to disable it since this is an important component to improving the system and bringing better solution to any upcoming issues.

Feel free to post more inquiries.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

Hi Mike,

We'd like to know more about the issue which you are experiencing regarding the Windows Compatibility Telemetry. It would be great if you can provide us the following details:

• What is the build and version of your Windows OS? To get this, press
      Windows key + R
      , type winver, and hit OK.
    • When has the issue started? How often does the it spike up its CPU and Disk usage?
    • What are the programs running on your computer when this issue occurs?

If you are running have Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise edition installed on your machine, then we may try to configure the Telemetry diagnostic data level through Group Policy editor. Follow the steps below to do so:

1. From the Group Policy Management Console, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    2. Double-click Allow Telemetry.
    3. In the Options box, select the level that you want to configure, and then click
      OK.

You can also check the following article on how to
    improve PC performance in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

MaRoselle Cag, Jun 25, 2022
  4. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

Microsoft to Introduce Telemetry Data Viewer for Windows

Remember all that talk and noise regarding Microsoft's "automagical" telemetry data collection, and how that spurred the company to create a "telemetry-less" version of its Windows 10 operating system for the Chinese market? It seems Microsoft is keen to keep giving users more information on exactly what information is gathered and when - slowly but assuredly striving for greater transparency, and looking to garner increased trust from consumers and enterprises alike.

The much awaited capability is being baked in to the next major Windows 10 release, and Microsoft is giving Windows Insiders an early preview of the Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer utility. Adding to this new utility are some changes to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard that will enable users to see and manage more data associated with their Microsoft accounts. Available to everyone in the Microsoft Store, the Diagnostic Data Viewer is separate from the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard, and "allows you to see, search, and take action with your diagnostic data." It's not clear yet what sort of telemetry features users will be able to stop Microsoft from collecting, if any. However, at least now you'll be able to look at exactly which processes and services are collecting data form your system. The diagnostic data that will be viewable in the new utility follows.

What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft? yDvisPRlBWJ8AKA6_thm.jpg

• Common Data, like the Operating System's name, the Version, Device ID, Device Class, Diagnostic level selection and so on.
    • Device Connectivity and Configuration such as device properties and capabilities, preferences and settings, peripherals, and device network information.
    • Product and Service Performance data that show device health, performance and reliability data, movie consumption functionality on the device and device file queries. It's important to note that this functionality is not intended to capture user viewing or, listening habits.
    • Product and Service Usage data includes details about the usage of the device, operating system, applications, and services.
    • Software Setup and Inventory such as installed applications and install history, device update information.
    Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
    Updates to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard include a new Activity History page, which aims to provide a clear and easy to navigate way to see the data that is saved with users' Microsoft accounts. The Microsoft Privacy Dashboard further allows users to manage their data and change what data is collected by adjusting the privacy settings on their devices or browser at any time.

In the coming months, Microsoft will keep the slow roll-out of additional features that will allow users to:
    • View and manage media consumption data, as well as product and service activity on the Activity History page
    • Export for any of the data you see on the dashboard
    • Delete specific items to allow for greater individual control

Raevenlord, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

1. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft? - Similar Threads - data does Compatibility

2. What data does Media Player for Windows 11 send to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What data does Media Player for Windows 11 send to Microsoft?: Good day and thank you very much for assisting me.Regarding Media Player for Windows 11, I understand that data is sent to Microsoft for performance and such. I would really like to know if I play a video using Windows 11 media player, Is data such as the title of the video...
  3. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  4. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  5. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?: Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the...
  7. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?: Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the...
  8. Is this the telemetry data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this the telemetry data?: Is the data view-able inside Diagnostic Data Viewer telemetry data that gets sent to Microsoft? Currently on 1909. 146272
  9. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash: I guess this is not a new question and apologise in advance if I am repeating it but I failed to unearth anything helpful through Search: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 one month ago. Reliability Monitor, which I run every day, has advised me three times since May 22nd...
  10. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10: How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 Windows 10 now comes with the telemetry feature enabled by default which collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft has provided no way to disable it completely using...