Windows 10: What data will be lost if I reset my app?

Discus and support What data will be lost if I reset my app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got this error while trying to play a video of mine "0xc00db3b2", I think I need to reset my Movies & TV app but I saw the warning that my data will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KhiemNguyen5, Jan 7, 2021.

1. What data will be lost if I reset my app?

I got this error while trying to play a video of mine "0xc00db3b2", I think I need to reset my Movies & TV app but I saw the warning that my data will be lost if I do so. Will all of my video go away?

:)

KhiemNguyen5, Jan 7, 2021

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown What data will be lost if I reset my app? :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Resetting the Photos App

Hi Michael,

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start menu > Type Apps & features.
    • Select the app that you want to reset in the list of all the installed apps.
    • Click the Advanced Options link under the application's name.
    • Tap the Reset button to reset an app's settings.
    • A confirmation message will pop up. Click Reset button to confirm you want to clear the app's data.

Let us how it goes.

Karla Alm, Jan 7, 2021
  4. meebers Win User

What data will be lost if I reset my app?

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

What data will be lost if I reset my app?

1. What data will be lost if I reset my app? - Similar Threads - data lost reset

2. My whiteboard data are lost after the update, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My whiteboard data are lost after the update, what do i do?: I just updated microsoft whiteboard and all the previous whiteboard documents went missing. The oage is blank. Please if someone can guide me to know how to restore them...
  3. My whiteboard data are lost after the update, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My whiteboard data are lost after the update, what do i do?: I just updated microsoft whiteboard and all the previous whiteboard documents went missing. The oage is blank. Please if someone can guide me to know how to restore them...
  4. Reset windows and lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset windows and lost data: I reset my computer without backing up the content library on FL Studio which has all of my recordings. I made sure to reset but to keep my files and FL Studio wasnt even one of the programs the reset listed would be deleted. When i did the reset i downloaded fl studio and...
  5. Lost data when reset Windows 10

Lost data when reset Windows 10: Hi everybodyI lost data when resetting Windows 10, is there a way to recover the lost data?thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-when-reset-windows-10/d11c2a30-1610-49c2-857b-42f09678b4d5
  6. Reset MAIL & CALENDER APP in W-10 PRO - What App's Data Will Be Deleted on a RESET?

Reset MAIL & CALENDER APP in W-10 PRO - What App's Data Will Be Deleted on a RESET?: Question: Does a RESET of MAIL & CALENDER APPdelete e-mail account pass words, personalize, settings and data? Have multiple e-mail accounts individually configured with personalized signatures and text, etc. Will a RESET delete the signature data? Many thanks for...
  7. Lost app data

Lost app data: After upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have lost app profiles and app data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-app-data/e4570ea8-5c9f-4dbc-acf3-977a6125e183
  8. recover lost data because of reset app

recover lost data because of reset app: I reset Microsoft sticky notes app and all my sticky notes is gone ! .. is there any way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/recover-lost-data-because-of-reset-app/789c3b45-105e-4c71-a6dc-9e39a55686f2
  9. retrieve lost data because of reset app

retrieve lost data because of reset app: I reset Microsoft sticky notes app and all my sticky notes is gone ! .. is there any way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/retrieve-lost-data-because-of-reset-app/789c3b45-105e-4c71-a6dc-9e39a55686f2
  10. Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update: Hi, on a no-problem notebook of a Relative, win ran an update last night at 4 and came up with this: Most App-Links are gone, Apps still there. But Firefox, Outlook and others seem completely reset as if freshly installed, no accounts set f.e. Win demands hardware driver...