Windows 10: What DAW to get?

Discus and support What DAW to get? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I may have mentioned before, but I changed to Windows 10 after being a Mac user for many years. The single thing I miss about Mac is Logic Pro X.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by g41851, Oct 6, 2019.

1. g41851 Win User

What DAW to get?

I may have mentioned before, but I changed to Windows 10 after being a Mac user for many years. The single thing I miss about Mac is Logic Pro X.

There seems to be a lot more DAW choice on Windows 10 so I come seeking suggestions please.

I'm willing to spend a maximum of £200 on a DAW, which I will use mainly for recording guitar. I don't have a MIDI keyboard - instead I programmed the notes in hand on Logic, using the musical keyboard. Logic also had built in drummers, although I'm not sure if anything like this exists on a Windows 10 DAW.

I would like something which I can perhaps purchase drum plugins or virtual instruments for in the future.

Any advice and help is appreciated.

:)

g41851, Oct 6, 2019
  2. g41851 Win User

What DAW to get?

I may have mentioned before, but I changed to Windows 10 after being a Mac user for many years. The single thing I miss about Mac is Logic Pro X.

There seems to be a lot more DAW choice on Windows 10 so I come seeking suggestions please.

I'm willing to spend a maximum of £200 on a DAW, which I will use mainly for recording guitar. I don't have a MIDI keyboard - instead I programmed the notes in hand on Logic, using the musical keyboard. Logic also had built in drummers, although I'm not sure if anything like this exists on a Windows 10 DAW.

I would like something which I can perhaps purchase drum plugins or virtual instruments for in the future.

Any advice and help is appreciated.

g41851, Oct 6, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    DAW Pc

I am not sure on FX chip performance on a DAW. Some research on that specific subject might be prudent. I'd try visiting the forums of the software you plan to use, see what you cna find there.

cadaveca, Oct 6, 2019
  4. What DAW to get?

Installing a DAW

Hello,

I'm trying to install a DAW on my computer, I'm currently using Windows 10. The problem is that whatever DAW I try to install, when I open it for the first time, it keeps on loading and scanning plugins until I get an error message. That makes me think that
    there must be an issue with Windows.

I tried with Cubase and now with Reaper, same problem in both cases.

What DAW to get? 0b62aa7e-8aba-415c-9e1e-3dbe0877afd2?upload=true.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this ?

Thanks!

alexisnicolas2, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

What DAW to get?

1. What DAW to get? - Similar Threads - DAW

2. USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.: I have been trying to fix this issue now for 8+ months. This is a critical issue that impacts my job and makes it impossible for me to be properly heard in meetings or while livestreaming. I have a high-quality, pro-level, body-worn microphone. The mic setup in total with the...
  3. USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.: I have been trying to fix this issue now for 8+ months. This is a critical issue that impacts my job and makes it impossible for me to be properly heard in meetings or while livestreaming. I have a high-quality, pro-level, body-worn microphone. The mic setup in total with the...
  4. VOLUME CONTROLS WITH WINDOWS 10, SCARLETT SOLO 3RD GEN INTERFACE, REAPER DAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOLUME CONTROLS WITH WINDOWS 10, SCARLETT SOLO 3RD GEN INTERFACE, REAPER DAW: I was wondering if anybody could help me with the problem I'm having with my volume using Windows 10 on my PC running through a Scarlett solo 3 G. interface and using Reaper DAW, for some reason after I reset my PC to get a fresh start when I lay down my tracks in Reaper and...
  5. VOLUME CONTROLS WITH WINDOWS 10, SCARLETT SOLO 3RD GEN INTERFACE, REAPER DAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VOLUME CONTROLS WITH WINDOWS 10, SCARLETT SOLO 3RD GEN INTERFACE, REAPER DAW: I was wondering if anybody could help me with the problem I'm having with my volume using Windows 10 on my PC running through a Scarlett solo 3 G. interface and using Reaper DAW, for some reason after I reset my PC to get a fresh start when I lay down my tracks in Reaper and...
  6. VOLUME CONTROLS WITH WINDOWS 10, SCARLETT SOLO 3RD GEN INTERFACE, REAPER DAW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Latencymoon Audio DAW Interrupts high Latency ACPI.sys ntoskrnl.exe nvlddmkm.sys

Latencymoon Audio DAW Interrupts high Latency ACPI.sys ntoskrnl.exe nvlddmkm.sys: For all of u they have these interrupts especially during aduiostreaming also working in a DAWbased especially on Windows-Systems and caused by driver and sytem: I got fix the issue on my Laptop ASUS ROG JY751.for years i couldn't fix this isssue.first off all: the issue...
  8. how to fix audio dropouts in a daw

how to fix audio dropouts in a daw: how to fix audio dropouts in a daw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-audio-dropouts-in-a-daw/60b57711-c73c-4772-bdce-7cec4e313272
  9. Communication between Microsoft and DAW software for MIDI controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Communication between Microsoft and DAW software for MIDI controller.: So I have an older Casio Midi controller that I have been trying to use in my DAW software. I currently use Waveform but have attempted this in Ableton as well. When I plug the controller into my laptop, it picks it up and shows it is connected and functioning in my devices...
  10. Windows 10 does not detect my USB MIDI nor does my DAW. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not detect my USB MIDI nor does my DAW. Any suggestions?: After a few months of retirement. I plugged my midi controller back in to play a little piano but my pc no longer detects the midi keyboard. I went to Device Manager - Show Hidden Devices, however It is not listed. Any help or suggestions would be great!...