Windows 10: What did I do?

Discus and support What did I do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Based on everyones comments about Windows Defender, I removed my anti-virus, Panda, and will try Defender for a while. I started a quick scan for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by milford, Apr 18, 2016.

1. milford Win User

What did I do?

Based on everyones comments about Windows Defender, I removed my anti-virus, Panda, and will try Defender for a while. I started a quick scan for Defender. Halfway thru, it says "Status: partially unprotected." ????? Definitions up to date. No idea what that means. Theres no settings to mess up. Any ideas?

:)

milford, Apr 18, 2016

2. What did I buy?

No, I don't think I paid for this. I do not have my Lumina 920. What does the charge refer to? How can I find out?

I received a text stating I should pay for something that was loaded to my phone.

cherylcooper, Apr 18, 2016
  3. What did I do?

So on July 29 I logged into my basic user account on my computer. I checked the windows 10 app and it said windows 10 was downloading. I clicked on view download progress and it wanted me to enter my admin password. I did then it brought up the windows update
    but there was nothing about windows 10 downloading. Later that day I logged into my admin account and checked the download, and then and only then did it start to download. Hours later the download finished and in the windows 10 app it said upgrade ready.
    Later on I opened the windows update to check something by searching update then clicking on windows update. Then when the windows update came up a new window came up saying Great, we will get the upgrade started and it had a license agreement. I did not want
    to upgrade then so I just clicked the x button to get out of it then it said cleaning up. Less then 60 seconds later it closed and the windows 10 app now says windows 10 is downloading again when it did say it was ready and the downloaded files for windows
    10 are still on my computer. Today I logged into my admin account and I did not do anything but that Great, we will get the upgrade started window came up again and the windows 10 app still said it was downloading and not that it was ready. Again I clicked
    the x button because 1 I don't know if I want to upgrade yet and 2 I don't know what is going on with the stuff I just posted about above. What did I do? Have I broken the upgrade? Is the upgrade ready for me or not? What is going on? The windows 10 files
    are still on my computer I know that because 1 the memory is still taken up on my computer and 2 there is a folder on my computer called $Windows.~BT and it has a bunch of files in it that I am sure are for installing windows 10. So what is going on?

What did I do? Also do I need to worry about backing things up before I upgrade because I tried to back up some of my most important stuff by copying it to my USB Flash Drive and it only would copy some of the files not all of them.(All the files I need
    to backup are in my User account folders, if I need to back them up but if I don't then I wont have to worry I have read a review that said the guy didn't even bother backing up and every thing was still there when the upgrade was done.)

CreeperKing, Apr 18, 2016
  4. What did I do?

Post the status when the scan completes.

You'll also see the Partially unprotected status when Windows determines that a scan needs to be run (time interval - not sure where it is defined though)

Slartybart, Apr 18, 2016
  5. Likely becuase WD has not been used whilst your other AV was in place - now WD is thinking it's overdue to do a scan (rightly so).

garydexter, Apr 18, 2016
  6. Smiley1 Win User
    I had that show up as well during my netbook's first scan with Defender. Once the scan was complete, that 'partially unprotected' message went away.

Smiley1, Apr 18, 2016
  7. milford Win User
    I got it. I ran a quick scan last night that produced the partially unprotected notice. I ran a full scan this morning aand now its fully protected. Thanks everyone.

milford, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What did I do?

1. What did I do? - Similar Threads - did

2. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  3. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  4. Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…: My pc took 2 hours during the update but no response. It was stuck on 47% but I haven’t had any luck, so I turned my pc off. I’m not to smart so when the screen where it says “repair, troubleshooting, and etc.” I pressed repair but it took to long and I restarted my pc and...
  5. Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…

Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…: My pc took 2 hours during the update but no response. It was stuck on 47% but I haven’t had any luck, so I turned my pc off. I’m not to smart so when the screen where it says “repair, troubleshooting, and etc.” I pressed repair but it took to long and I restarted my pc and...
  6. Hey Microsoft. I accidentally turned off my pc during an update but I did it even worse…

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!: I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-not-get-word-excel-and-powerpoint-with-my/da3db45b-a6f3-471e-8a57-6056fca5c053
  8. I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!

I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!!: I did not get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint with my Windows 11. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-not-get-word-excel-and-powerpoint-with-my/da3db45b-a6f3-471e-8a57-6056fca5c053
  9. Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...: Last night when i was getting off, i left a discord call, and as soon as i left it, my monitor went black. I thought it was weird, but i was tired and didn't want to look into it, so i just turned the computer off manually and went to sleep. Today, when i turned on my...
  10. Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...

Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...: Last night when i was getting off, i left a discord call, and as soon as i left it, my monitor went black. I thought it was weird, but i was tired and didn't want to look into it, so i just turned the computer off manually and went to sleep. Today, when i turned on my...