Windows 10: What did you do to Windows Media Player?

Discus and support What did you do to Windows Media Player? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used Windows Media Player all the time to rip CD's from the library to listen to them on my smartphone, but when I try to rip a CD now Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarLin of Vacaville, Dec 5, 2018.

1. What did you do to Windows Media Player?

I used Windows Media Player all the time to rip CD's from the library to listen to them on my smartphone, but when I try to rip a CD now Windows Media Player just shuts down. :-(

:)

MarLin of Vacaville, Dec 5, 2018

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Dec 5, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Dec 5, 2018
  4. What did you do to Windows Media Player?

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

What did you do to Windows Media Player?

1. What did you do to Windows Media Player? - Similar Threads - did Media Player

2. how do you combine albums in media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you combine albums in media player: combining music albums in media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-combine-albums-in-media-player/0ff4d30b-c2e9-4aec-b4e6-24a8f928083e
  3. how do you combine albums in media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you combine albums in media player: combining music albums in media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-combine-albums-in-media-player/0ff4d30b-c2e9-4aec-b4e6-24a8f928083e
  4. What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!: You're last unsolicited update today DELETED all of my file folders on This PC. I only have access to One Drive or Quick Access now and most of my things are missing....
  5. What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!

What did you do to my computer?!!!!!!!: You're last unsolicited update today DELETED all of my file folders on This PC. I only have access to One Drive or Quick Access now and most of my things are missing....
  6. What is this option in Media player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this option in Media player?: BTW this option is shaded out and I just wanna know what is the use of this option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-option-in-media-player/af600a0a-6243-496b-baa7-b3d797cef46c
  7. what did you do with my emails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what did you do with my emails?: was using cox and google email just fine on this PC with windows10, then recent windows 10 updates disturbed everything! cannot find any link to my emails. please fix it. thanks...
  8. What is wrong with Windows Media Players?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is wrong with Windows Media Players?: During quarantine, like many others, I started learning how to edit and I’m trying to record some stuff. I already know that most Windows Pre-installed programs are really bad, but this one bothers me. I use OBS to record 1080p 60fps MP4 videos with about 6mb/s. I use...
  9. What audio player do you use?

What audio player do you use?: What audio player do you use to play music on Win 10? The default one works pretty fine(not great), but sometimes it freezes for a few seconds. Any suggestion? 46945
  10. What do you use for a Media Player?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do you use for a Media Player?: Hi. Wondering what folks here use for a Digital Media Player in your entertainment systems. Standalone player? Which one? Wired or wireless? HTPC or NUC? TV or Bluray player using Windows DLNA? I've got a WD TV Live, very long in the tooth, and getting ready to...