Windows 10: What directories does Hyper-V Gallery download use?

Discus and support What directories does Hyper-V Gallery download use? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Hyper-V Gallery to download and install the Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.1 LTS Hyper-V image as documented at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ken Wallewein, Mar 19, 2019.

1. What directories does Hyper-V Gallery download use?

I'm trying to use Hyper-V Gallery to download and install the Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.1 LTS Hyper-V image as documented at https://blog.ubuntu.com/2018/09/17/optimised-ubuntu-desktop-images-available-in-microsoft-hyper-v-gallery.

I was having problems with the download timing out when connecting with WiFi on my Surface Pro 4, but couldn't find any hint as to what download handler was used, or what files were involved, at either end. Complete mystery -- no hints, no way to diagnose anything. Cancel and restart, it starts over at the beginning, no idea where the temp file went.

So I tried installing Hyper-V on a desktop PC and using it to do the download. That worked, but... I still have absolutely no clue where it put that download. Do or do not, no option to stop and save the download, no hint whatever where it put it. No way to ask. Just hocus pokus magic I guess.

Does anybody have any clue how that Hyper-V Gallery download works, where it comes from or where it goes, so I can put it where I need it?

:)

Ken Wallewein, Mar 19, 2019

2. Hyper -v no pre configured gallery images

There are no pre configured gallery images in hyper-v quick actions want to install latest ubuntu

aadarshwilson, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Rex99ny Win User

What directories does Hyper-V Gallery download use?

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

What directories does Hyper-V Gallery download use?

1. What directories does Hyper-V Gallery download use? - Similar Threads - directories does Hyper

2. What's w/ Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's w/ Hyper-V?: This started with 19582. Suddenly have no sign-in info box for PIN no blurry screen IF & WHEN Enhanced Mode is used. NOW, only goes without Enhanced Mode. This has never been the case in the past. Why now & how can the situation get back to 'normal', back to using...
  3. Hyper -v no pre configured gallery images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper -v no pre configured gallery images: There are no pre configured gallery images in hyper-v quick actions want to install latest ubuntu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-no-pre-configured-gallery-images/11308052-e936-4b21-a356-a1211b18204a
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. Hyper-V files not being obvious use of storage

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V files not being obvious use of storage: Came across an odd issue today. I was about to image backup my C drive, and I noted the storage was about 20 GB higher than I expected. So I made all folders including hidden system folders visible, and tried to see where the extra 20 GB was being used. So I used good...
  6. Hyper-V does not allow my VM to the internet

Hyper-V does not allow my VM to the internet: When I was at build 10074 I had Hyper-V working and the Virtual Machine (also at build 10130 but several days before the host upgraded) had LAN and internet access. After the upgrade to 10130 the VM can see the host on in the Network, but not the internet. Network adn...
  7. Nested Hyper-V using AMD Chipsets?

Nested Hyper-V using AMD Chipsets?: Anybody heard rumors about when MS might work with AMD to provide nested Hyper-V capability? They provide now only with Intel. 45553
  8. Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v

Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v: Apologies for the very basic question, but this is my first attempt at creating a virtual machine within Windows 10 pro using hyper-v. I have created a VM, and during the process allocated a drive/folder for that VM, and selected the Linux iso file that should be installed....
  9. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 How to Setup and Use Hyper-V in Windows 10 for OS Virtualization [img] Information Windows 10 Pro, Education and Enterprise editions come with a built-in hypervisor client Hyper-V allowing users to create...
  10. Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery: How to: Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery [img] Information Quick Create is a feature in Hyper-V allowing users to setup new virtual machines with a few mouse clicks. At the moment, Quick Create offers users a quick setup of Windows 10 Developer Environment,...