Windows 10: What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?

Discus and support What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which directories get added to the file explorer address bar drop down. They are not the ones I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnorton49, Apr 1, 2016.

1. bnorton49 Win User

What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which directories get added to the file explorer address bar drop down. They are not the ones I have visited most recently, and they are not the ones I visit most frequently.

:)

bnorton49, Apr 1, 2016
  2. MiltNK Win User

File Explorer jump list not working

It appears that the File Explorer jump list only lists 12 items. How do we get it to list more than 12?

MiltNK, Apr 1, 2016
  3. File Explorer jump list not working

I created C:\Temp. It was just an example, you can pin any folder.

To pin, open File Explorer and navigate to the directory you want to pin. In the address bar where the directory path is located there is a folder icon. Grab that with your mouse and drag it down to your task bar file explorer icon. When you hover over the
    icon it will say "Pin to Folder" or something similar. Let go and it should be pinned.

JeanFarmer, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?

1. What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down? - Similar Threads - directories added File

2. Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dark File Explorer showing a weird white line below the address bar: I know Dark file explorer is still a work in progress, but this is new, I have 2 surface books here and this is only showing up in one of the machines, both machines running version 1809 with the latest updates. [ATTACH] How do I fix it? I already did a factory reset and...
  3. file explorer progress bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer progress bar: I am having two problems: PS C:\Users\mina> net view net : System error 1231 has occurred. At line:1 char:1 + net view + ~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (System error 1231 has occurred.:S tring) [], RemoteException + FullyQualifiedErrorId :...
  4. permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?

in Windows 10 Customization
    permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?: A few weeks ago Prakhar Kharem, MSN moderator, sent instructions to delete this browsing history drop down list from address bar in IE11, Win 10. All worked well until today...all URLs reappeared, even some from several weeks ago. Three times I've repeated the method to...
  5. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10: Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program). Does...
  6. Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions: I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure...
  7. File Explorer address bar turned black

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer address bar turned black: Hi there, to elaborate on the thread title: after updating to build 1709/Fall Creators update, File Explorer's address bar has spontaneously turned black and for the life of me, I can't revert it to white like it was before. My Google-fu is coming up empty here, as...
  8. Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?: Since the win10 forums doesn't have a sound/audio sub-forum, I guess this is the spot. So I've got the old volume mixer back, but it does not have the drop-down for inputs? With 4 various inputs now being forced drill down to the speaker cpl every time you want to set...
  9. Internet Explorer revealing the content of the address bar

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer revealing the content of the address bar: Hello fellow bug hunter! Today we are going back to Internet Explorer which despite getting old, tons people still use it. I am much happier with MSRC lately, they are really moving forward regarding Edge, design bugs, and they even extended its bug bounty, which seems to be...
  10. New files added in GWX directory

in Windows 10 Support
    New files added in GWX directory: [img] I just noticed some change in the Get Windows 10 app.. 8920