Windows 10: What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?

Discus and support What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which directories get added to the file explorer address bar drop down. They are not the ones I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnorton49, Apr 1, 2016.

1. bnorton49 Win User

What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which directories get added to the file explorer address bar drop down. They are not the ones I have visited most recently, and they are not the ones I visit most frequently.

:)

bnorton49, Apr 1, 2016
  2. MiltNK Win User

File Explorer jump list not working

It appears that the File Explorer jump list only lists 12 items. How do we get it to list more than 12?

MiltNK, Apr 1, 2016
  3. File Explorer jump list not working

I created C:\Temp. It was just an example, you can pin any folder.

To pin, open File Explorer and navigate to the directory you want to pin. In the address bar where the directory path is located there is a folder icon. Grab that with your mouse and drag it down to your task bar file explorer icon. When you hover over the
    icon it will say "Pin to Folder" or something similar. Let go and it should be pinned.

JeanFarmer, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down?

1. What directories get added to the File Explorer address bar drop down? - Similar Threads - directories added File

2. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  3. File drag and drop in address bar broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File drag and drop in address bar broken?: Yup. I am reposting this because this exact thing just made me think I was going crazy... I noticed I am not the only sane person here who used this feature frequently. Seeing the Microsoft reps response, I felt the need to repost this because the only person who could do...
  4. File drag and drop in address bar broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File drag and drop in address bar broken?: Yup. I am reposting this because this exact thing just made me think I was going crazy... I noticed I am not the only sane person here who used this feature frequently. Seeing the Microsoft reps response, I felt the need to repost this because the only person who could do...
  5. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  6. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  7. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  8. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  9. Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...: ...which stops me from writing anything there. How do I get rid of this? The first thing on this menu is "Emoji". Very annoying, I think it was my little son who accidentally managed to enter a short commando and I cannot find any solution when I google this problem. Please...
  10. Using the file explorer address bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Using the file explorer address bar: I typed an entry incorrectly into the File Explorer address bar and it gave me a dropdown menu underneath giving me the option to search for it so I selected to search for it (in the address bar not the Search box on the far right). I then got a Windows Security window which...