Windows 10: What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

Discus and support What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Swaglife81, Aug 2, 2016.

1. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning and registry cleaning built in for free. The problem I saw was how off other apps were. They basically have the same options but the amount of space to be cleared was way off from one another. I figured some of these listings were fake.

I'm not against ccleaner but I've been using it for years and years. If there is another safe option I want to try it. I did try Wise Cleaner about 2 weeks ago before I went to Anniversary but I read a bad review on their Wise 365 that basically put the company on blast with how fake everything it showed was. FYI I do use the built in disk cleanup.

:)

Swaglife81, Aug 2, 2016

2. use of registry cleaners

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. What exactly do you mean by, "I used the registry cleaner ****, dumbly, probably a couple dozen times and have just
    deleted it" and how do you know that you deleted all the registries?

Serious problems arise if the registries are deleted as they are associated with the critical functioning of your Windows 10 computer. As you say that the Windows 10 is not facing issues even after deleting the registries it is kind of contradictory as after
    deleting the registry your computer should not perform or could had crashed.

Disclaimer: Microsoft does not promotes or advises its users to use any third party software for registry cleaning or any other use. Any use of any third party application is upon at your own risk. Microsoft is not liable for any damage caused.

Please get back to us with the necessary details so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

Amarjeet_Paul, Aug 2, 2016
  3. CarolFVM Win User
    use of registry cleaners

My conclusion now is , since I'm not having any new problems, I will leave the system alone. Thank you for monitoring all this.

CarolFVM, Aug 2, 2016
  4. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

I use CCleaner with WiseCare as a combo for years, never had any problems. I run disc cleaner as well sometimes.
    I have tried literally every known free cleaner out there and I have never found anything better or more reliable.
    For example Baidu looks and feels great, but give bad suggestions, Kaspersky or Privazer are specific cleaners.

TairikuOkami, Aug 2, 2016
  5. Beaupeep Win User
    CCleaner + System Mechanic Pro. Previously used JV16.

Beaupeep, Aug 2, 2016
  6. galaxys Win User
    Been using CCleaner for years with out issues and does the job.

galaxys, Aug 2, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    ccleaner and Wise Disk Cleaner.

swarfega, Aug 2, 2016
  8. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

I also do trial & error testing on my computers and have been doing so since the days of XP and each one of my computers have run as good as new through their entire MSFT life cycles.
    I have a monthly maintenance plan that I use before the 2nd Tuesday of each month based on when WU were happening during the week of Patch Tuesday. In addition I do these after a trial and error time.
    --- It only takes 2 minutes to complete them once you have the system down pat.
    I use CCleaner including the Registry even though I've read many comments that registry cleaners aren't worth doing.
    I run AdwCleaner Download AdwCleaner
    I run Disk Cleanup. I also have a Disk Cleanup-Extended batch file I created when I had Win7 and it works on my Win10 Pro upgrade
    --- Refer to http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-extended.html
    --- Maybe they have one here in the Win10 forum
    Then I create a manual SR point and dub it MM Aug 3 if it were done today.
    If you don't mind. my opinion is continue doing what works for you unless you have a specific reason to change.

I also am a system image backup up person. I use MRF and my recent system image backup took less than 9 minutes.
    --- I was doing them monthly but when my system was running so well I did them quarterly
    --- But now that Win10 is here but being somewhat apprehensive of what Win10 has in store for us, I'm thinking of going back to doing so on a monthly basis.

Then there's my data.
    --- I save my data on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis using a batch file onto a USB flash drive which is then saved onto a Win7 laptop with a batch file.
    --- Altogether it takes about 10 minutes
    --- That way I have full control of how my data is saved

I included information here which is more than what you asked for but when you mentioned that you do trial and error testing that got me going since I do so myself. Plus Win10 technically isn't a mature OS yet.

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 2, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    UnCleaner - Josh Cell Softwares

Another great but small and reliable file cleaner to run after all others. It may remove surprisingly lot of leftovers.

CountMike, Aug 3, 2016
  10. milford Win User
    I tried Wise Care 365. Works too good. I have Windows 10 on a Dell tablet. Very limited on disk space. I disabled Auto-Updates to save space. Wise Care repaired my dis-able and I got stuck with an auto update. And I lost more free space.

milford, Aug 3, 2016
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Been using disk cleaners and registry cleaners for several decades.
    Currently Ccleaner, Wise Disk Cleaner, Wise Registry cleaner.

I'd only recommend using a registry cleaner to people knowing what they're doing. Wise is good in that you can configure it to auto backup the registry before you start cleaning.

I've had versions of it that were not so good, removing keys that W10 complained about later but nothing catastrophic.

UnCleaner by Josh Cell is also good to have around.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

1. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using - Similar Threads - disk cleaner registry

2. Registry Cleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry Cleaner: I was looking for ways to boost my computer's performance, so I thought getting a registry cleaner would help. I did some research and the two most highly rated cleaners were Iolo System Mechanic and CCleaner. I'm not sure which is safer and more amateur friendly, so I wanted...
  3. Which registry cleaner to use ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which registry cleaner to use ?: So I had Mass Effect + Dead Space + Battlefield 3 installed through Origin... I uninstalled Origin before uninstalling the games first.... People say I should have uninstalled the games through Origin first. Because If I don't there will be registry left overs... So I want...
  4. Which registry cleaner to use ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which registry cleaner to use ?: So I had Mass Effect + Dead Space + Battlefield 3 installed through Origin... I uninstalled Origin before uninstalling the games first.... People say I should have uninstalled the games through Origin first. Because If I don't there will be registry left overs... So I want...
  5. Registry Cleaner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Cleaner: Hello, I need to use a Registry Cleaner for Dell Windows 10; Is it guarantee the functionality of the application? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-cleaner/5b375af5-c765-4005-84ec-1b8dccc1e065
  6. Registry cleaners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry cleaners: What is your opinion about registry cleaning programs? Are they useful or not so much, and which ones would you recommend? I've been using JetClean for a while and, while it says it cleans a lot of shortcuts, RAM etc., there doesn't seem to be any noticeable improvements...
  7. Which Registry Cleaner to Use?

Which Registry Cleaner to Use?: I have Windows 10 on a laptop that is now one year old. I use CCleaner and several malware removal programs. Each has the option to remove registry entries. I have taken the approach not to remove registry entries that they identify. I want to be sure it won't harm the...
  8. REGISTRY CLEANER FLASH

REGISTRY CLEANER FLASH: REGISTRY CLEANER FLASH Is there any easier and faster way to optimize your PC than this: Step 1. Download and install Registry Cleaner Flash; Step 2. Run it and scan your PC errors; Step 3. Click the Cure button. Done! And then it is a renewed PC at your hand. You even...
  9. Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers'

Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers': I am opening this thread to hear your comments on the necessity or benefits of outside software such as: driverbooster slimcleaner registry cleaner and so on..... clearly windows 10 does some of its own work. here you can talk about it. 52321
  10. Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!

Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!: I have used Ccleaner and REVO to clean and maintain my Windows environment. So I am looking for your thoughts and comments as to what you recommend for cleaning Windows and Windows registry. And if you could add why I would really appreciate it. I feel that registry...