Windows 10: What do challenge phase mean on a computer

Discus and support What do challenge phase mean on a computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What do challenge phase mean on a computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JCLORD, Feb 2, 2020.

1. JCLORD Win User

What do challenge phase mean on a computer

:)

JCLORD, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Tats_too Win User

Challenge phase requested on every start up

Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin.

The fix was listed as ...

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command.
    2. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    3. On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Type your Password twice and click OK.
    6. Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    7. Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

However maybe as I am administrator I am not being offered the option to uncheck users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tats_too, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Feb 2, 2020
  4. What do challenge phase mean on a computer

Remove PUP application from DVD Drive (FWhat do challenge phase mean on a computer :) CDROM

Unfortunately, that's how Disk Clean ends.

If you want to check - run it again to see if there's is anything to clean (look at the size on items in the list - small size means only a bit has accumulated since the last run - large means something wasn't cleaned)
    Disk Clean / extended goes deep, that's why I suggested that you run it first.

I'd say just move on to the next step: cCleaner, since you're in the cleaning phase.

Ok, onward and upward!

Slartybart, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. What do challenge phase mean on a computer - Similar Threads - challenge phase mean

2. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  3. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  4. What do that finally mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do that finally mean?: That my device manager show me. It is all about vendor 8086 Intel, the devices are 1041/1046/1048, 51A3/51A4/51A8/51AB and 463E/464F/461B.The short answer is easy: There are devices without driver.But I would like to know where the devices are: Are the devices physical part...
  5. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  6. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  7. what do these arrows mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what do these arrows mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArthurPro11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic2opb/what_do_these_arrows_mean/
  8. what do these things mean

in Windows 10 Support
    what do these things mean: what do these things mean are they ok [ATTACH] 1904ese 149214
  9. What exactly do they mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly do they mean?: When doing a windows update, I get the following message: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...
  10. Challenge phase requested on every start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Challenge phase requested on every start up: Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin. The fix was listed as ... Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command. Type netplwiz and press...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. challange phase

2. Windows challenge phase

3. challenge phase windows 10