Windows 10: What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean?

Discus and support What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the below image you can see part of my Windows 10 start menu, showing the "Your phone" app tile. As you can see the tile is darkened and there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wolf99, May 16, 2020.

1. wolf99 Win User

What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean?

In the below image you can see part of my Windows 10 start menu, showing the "Your phone" app tile.

As you can see the tile is darkened and there is what looks like some kind of progress bar along the bottom.

What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean? 4cd7259c-2826-40ee-bd5e-f4a2eb6e6280?upload=true.png

What does that indicate about the app?

This happens with other tiles also. I've only noticed it for Microsoft apps, but cannot say that it hasn't happened for others and maybe I didn't notice.

The tiles seem to stay like this for a day or two then revert to normal blue with no white line. If it is some kind of update indication, why doesn't it change more quickly?

Thanks, W

:)

wolf99, May 16, 2020

2. Start Menu tiles darkening

The same is happening to me!! I did not notice it at first as I had been struggling to have windows 10 detect my on board graphics as this was stopping me from installing the latest Nvidia drivers. Once I restarted everything looks fine, but when I open up the start menu and stay there a few seconds, the tiles start to darken en lowering the quality of the icon on each tile. Even the text goes all dark grey making it almost impossible to read.

Please we need some one to shine some light on this issue and if more people are experiencing it, and if someone has found a fix, please share it.

THANKS!

GuitarGuy656, May 16, 2020
  3. Start Menu darkens when I click "All Apps" and scrolls down

Im also facing this issue.. no solution yet..

but mine darkens as soon as one of the live tiles changes.. and progresses to darkens step by step

AhmedAbdulRehman, May 16, 2020
  4. What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean?

Start Menu tiles darkening

Yes, I have updated the intel drivers. What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean? :)

I have now found a temporary fix (have not restarted yet), I have disabled the intel HD4600 on board graphics, re-enabled it, and now the start menu does not darken or lose icon quality and the text also stayed white and not dark grey. Will keep updated when I restart or shut down the computer.

UPDATE
    Unfortunately after the restart the problem still persists.*Confused

GuitarGuy656, May 16, 2020
Thema:

What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean?

1. What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean? - Similar Threads - darkened tiles start

2. What does the different color of start tiles mean, and how to change it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does the different color of start tiles mean, and how to change it?: Hello guys, I have a delicate question, how do I get rid of the different styles of these tiles? And what does it mean, exactly? I don't see any context. https://imgur.com/a/29taqrz submitted by /u/JacobCZ89 [link] [comments]...
  3. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  4. Program tiles darkened

in Windows 10 Support
    Program tiles darkened: Using dark mode. (If it was on just one machine I'd let it pass) Latest updates Version 1909 Not certain what this is. Programs not used in a while? [img] 150812
  5. Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  10. Start Menu tiles darkening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles darkening: This happens when I click "All Apps" in the Start menu followed by scrolling/clicking. The icons also get pixelated and blurry. The issue seemed to be related to Intel HD4600 graphic as the issue did not surface when I disabled it and run solely on discrete GPU on my laptop....