Windows 10: What do I do about repeated blue screens of death?

Discus and support What do I do about repeated blue screens of death? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the last few days, my computer has given me multiple problems: It has given me blue screens of death with the stop code of Critical Process Died.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Preston S., Aug 2, 2020.

1. What do I do about repeated blue screens of death?

For the last few days, my computer has given me multiple problems:
    It has given me blue screens of death with the stop code of Critical Process Died.
    It has also just frozen a few times before going to a black screen with only my mouse on it.
    And, it has given me the issue of freezing for a second or two, and then giving me a popup that says that my computer will restart in a minute and that I should save my work, but then a few seconds later, all of my windows stop being interactive, and then my computer will proceed to slowly having parts of my applications disappear and then eventually give me a blue screen of death.

Also, sometimes, there is some buzzing that goes along with the problems above.

On startup, it is usually fine, but sometimes it says "boot device not found" and it will have me hit F2 to get more options, and it will give me the option to run diagnostics for a memory check and a hard drive check. When I run the memory check, it says it passed, and my laptop doesn't have a hard drive so it doesn't let me run that check. But, even if I don't run the checks and I hit F2, and then exit the second screen, it proceeds to startup fine.

This link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

says that I should do 3 steps:

1. uninstall 3rd party antivirus software

- I have done this and it has solved the issue

2. rollback, disable or uninstall 3rd party drivers

- I have no idea which drivers of mine are 3rd party drivers and so I haven't even attempted this

3. remove external hardware

- I have a laptop and I still encounter problems when I have nothing plugged into the USB port.

I have run the sfc /scanow command and it said that everything was fine.

What do I do to diagnose what is wrong with my computer and get it fixed and working properly again?

Thank you for your time in reading this.

:)

Preston S., Aug 2, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

What to do in Ubuntu ?

I'm new to this Linux and its variants.

For the first time I'm stepping out of coziness of Windows . What do you guys use Linux for ?

Also I'm in college, will be doing Computer Science Engineering (Programming) . Anything to learn you guys can suggest ?

Already know a bit of C++, Photoshop.

wolf2009, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 2, 2020
  4. What do I do about repeated blue screens of death?

blue screen error

Hi Charles,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• What is the exact error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

What do I do about repeated blue screens of death?

1. What do I do about repeated blue screens of death? - Similar Threads - repeated blue screens

2. What do I do about this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do about this?: Every time I boot up my laptop, I get a Windows Script popup that says "Can not find script file "C:\Users\mason\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows NT\appmgr.js"" What do I do about this? I Updated everything I could and this popup still appears. I Don't Know what to do about...
  3. Getting Blue Screen of death repeatedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen of death repeatedly.: Hi,My one month old Lenovo Thinkpad ideapad 3i is having repeated blue screen of death with different error codes regularly. I have updated windows and also have updated all the drivers to latest version. I had ran a memtest on the device and it returned no errors. I will add...
  4. Getting Blue Screen of death repeatedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Blue Screen of death repeatedly.: Hi,My one month old Lenovo Thinkpad ideapad 3i is having repeated blue screen of death with different error codes regularly. I have updated windows and also have updated all the drivers to latest version. I had ran a memtest on the device and it returned no errors. I will add...
  5. Blue Screen of Death and I do not know what causes it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death and I do not know what causes it: Its been about a month. Ive been experiencing repeated BSOD. I reset my laptop and it did stop the BSOD from happening but in just a day the problem repeated itself....
  6. Blue Screen of Death on Repeat

Blue Screen of Death on Repeat: Hello.I was just using my PC normally and it decided to give me the BSOD randomly. Upon trying to launch my PC, I quickly realised that my Windows 10 will not boot up as it always gave a BSOD without fail.I've gotten many error codes such as 0xc0000142, IRQL NOT LESS OR...
  7. What do I do? Blue screen of death then black screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What do I do? Blue screen of death then black screen of death: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panda_Sap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqpfjw/what_do_i_do_blue_screen_of_death_then_black/
  8. Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it

Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it: After installing a windows 10 update today, my computer began crashing every time I tried to play a game. After multiple attempts to try to fix this, I ran a system restore to try and go back to before I installed the updates. This went on for 3 hours before I canceled it and...
  9. About blue screen of death

About blue screen of death: Advanced setting option is not appear when boot laptop then how to solve this problem. Also tell me how to advanced setting option I can view on laptop when booting...
  10. I got the blue screen of death, and I don’t know what to do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got the blue screen of death, and I don’t know what to do.: Hi. I bought my first PC desktop about 5 months ago, and have been loving it. Today, while booting up Fortnite (yeah, I play, don’t @ me), my PC froze for about 2 minutes before I received the dreaded blue screen of death. After about 5 minutes, my PC restarted into ASUS...