Windows 10: What do I do about this message?

Discus and support What do I do about this message? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've gotten this notification twice and I don't know what to do. I've scanned my laptop under "Virus and protection" but it found nothing. There's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MintChip, May 6, 2019.

1. MintChip Win User

What do I do about this message?

I've gotten this notification twice and I don't know what to do. I've scanned my laptop under "Virus and protection" but it found nothing. There's nothing under "Threat History". What do I do about this message? dce5e7d2-00c2-47b7-aca0-ec09e9f7cc8a?upload=true.png This is the image that appeared. The first time it had the google chrome image instead of the shield.

I made the possible mistake of clicking on it and a list of viruses and malware appeared and wanted me to download some kind of file. My computer didn't allow me to download it so I didn't bother since it probably saved me from doing something else stupid. Should I ignore this warning or take action? If so, what kind of action should I take?

:)

MintChip, May 6, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, May 6, 2019
  3. bogmali Win User
    Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, May 6, 2019
  4. What do I do about this message?

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 6, 2019
Thema:

What do I do about this message?

1. What do I do about this message? - Similar Threads - message

2. Any ideas on how to fix this error message ? "sorry, suggestions aren't available in your...

in Cortana
    Any ideas on how to fix this error message ? "sorry, suggestions aren't available in your...: About a month ago, the interests stopped displaying on my Windows 10 Phone, (Lumia 950) and would only display "tap interests" or something like that. However, since yesterday, it displays "sorry, suggestions aren't available in your region yet." I'm in the U.S. I've...
  3. Installing Windows on a PC without an OS, error message 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows on a PC without an OS, error message 0xc0000001: Keep getting error code 0xc0000001 when trying to boot from windows USB. I DONT HAVE windows installed at all on this pc, trying to put it on it, and it loads for about 5 seconds then shows the windows logo for a split second, then I get the error code...
  4. Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files: When I try to backup files to my Seagate Portable Expansion Drive, why do I get the following messages: "Error Notepad" "The backup completed but some files were missed" "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser1\Contacts....
  5. Error message when running sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message when running sfc /scannow: I get an error message when running scannow saying that some files are corrupt and could not be fixed. How do I fix them? My laptop seems to be in an unstable state. Thanks for your help...
  6. Stop a background app nag message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop a background app nag message: I have Skype disabled as a background app. That is how I want it. However I keep getting Notification nags that I have it off and that I should update my background app settings as I might be missing Skype calls. I am not missing them because I don't use Skype. I know where...
  7. Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.: I recently installed and uninstalled a thermaltake RGB controller software. After uninstalling, every time I start my pc, an error message pops up explaining that the RGB software was attempted to be started but the file was missing. This kind of thing is really annoying when...
  8. desmonasty message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    desmonasty message: While using Edge we got a message warning us about a server called desmonasty.xyz and our screen froze. Anyone know about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desmonasty-message/06f1b93e-43aa-4967-b71c-eb0886e36bc9"
  9. Feature Update 1903 message from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature Update 1903 message from Microsoft: So here goes my mind wandering off where it shouldn't, but hear me out and if you have a valid comment, please leave it below. I went to the Microsoft Store in the Galleria Mall Houston and bought the finest, fastest and best 15" Surface Book 2 with i7 Intel, 16 GB RAM and...
  10. Problem with account message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with account message: I know longer have access to my school account but continue to receive messages stating I have a problem with my school account. How can I fix this problem when I can't access the account?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Antispam OE Hook Launcher

2. windows antispam oe hook launcher

3. windows security anti spam hook launcher

4. antispam oe hook launcher message,
  5. microsoft oe hook launcher message,
  6. ask for permission microsoft family