Windows 10: What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

Discus and support What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I forgot my computer's administrator password. The account is not linked with Microsoft, so I can't reset it from there. I have a local account but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Manal A, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Manal A Win User

What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

I forgot my computer's administrator password. The account is not linked with Microsoft, so I can't reset it from there. I have a local account but there are many restrictions. I can't run some apps and all of my files are in the admin account. I've tried going into safe mode and using command prompt to try and reset it, but when I click command prompt, my computer restarts. I'd appreciate any answers because the files in the other account are very important.

:)

Manal A, Sep 11, 2021

2. Administration password forgotten

They never posted an answer.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Try leaving it blank.

Or:

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...olicy-on/39f56ef0-5d68-41ad-9daa-6e6019c25d37

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Sep 11, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...

P4-630, Sep 11, 2021
  4. What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

Administrator forgotten password to account

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

1. What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password? - Similar Threads - forgotten computer administrator

2. What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...: I have recently got a new pc and have forgotten my microsoft password so I have been using the single sign in use code and I didn't know that there was a limit to them, so when they stopped working I tried remembering my password and have locked my account. What can I do?...
  3. What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...: I have recently got a new pc and have forgotten my microsoft password so I have been using the single sign in use code and I didn't know that there was a limit to them, so when they stopped working I tried remembering my password and have locked my account. What can I do?...
  4. I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I seem to have forgotten my password to open my computer. How do I reset it?: I seem to have forgotten my sign in code? * Moved from IE10/Win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-forgotten-my-password-to-open-my/977873e0-4f29-4234-98cb-9aac985ce362
  5. I"ve forgotten the password to logon to the computer. What to do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I"ve forgotten the password to logon to the computer. What to do?: Help! I've forgotten the password to logon to the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-forgotten-the-password-to-logon-to-the/5895d20d-b0cb-4b22-82c0-ab4060880a70
  6. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  7. How do I disable safe mode on my computer if I have forgotten the password required for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable safe mode on my computer if I have forgotten the password required for...: My computer was put into safe mode and I am unsure how to disable it. I have forgotten the password as I have always used a pin to log into the computer. I am unable to use a windows account password as rebooting safe mode with networking doesn't connect to the internet. How...
  8. What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?: What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen? Windows 7 upgraded to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-if-i-have-forgotten-my-password-for/0feafd88-3916-4d57-ab9b-c2955047bd77
  9. how do I find my WIFI password, I have forgotten it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I find my WIFI password, I have forgotten it: I have forgotten my wifi password and need it to set up a new device. Where can I find that information in Windows 10? Moved from: Accounts, login, and signup / Account settings / Windows 10...
  10. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"