Windows 10: What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account?

Discus and support What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got hacked by a “rambler.ru” hacker. I’ve probably made about a dozen cases now on it but basically Microsoft tells me the only option I have left is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nathan Petersson, Nov 28, 2022.

1. What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account?

I got hacked by a “rambler.ru” hacker. I’ve probably made about a dozen cases now on it but basically Microsoft tells me the only option I have left is to create a new account, and that no matter what I can never recover my account. Even though I have countless proof of previous ownership and information to the account, Microsoft Support tells me that the hacker actually did things on my account which is “confidential” and in order to protect the privacy and information of other users I can’t get my account back. They told me it doesn’t matter if I owned the account before or not anymore.

:)

Nathan Petersson, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Recover Hacked Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your Microsoft account is hacker and you are unable to change the password for it. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Ideally, if the Microsoft account gets comprised or hacked the best option is to change the password for the account. Since you are unable to change the password, I would suggest you to fill the ACSR form and provide as much as accurate information
    possible.

To fill the recovery form, navigate to
    account.live.com/acsr
    and provide the email address, phone number, or username for the account you are trying to recover as well as the other requested information.

You may also want to have a look at the tips to fill the recovery form. To see the tips, select
    No and then select Read the tips for filling out the recovery form
    in the article
    Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-back-blocked-account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Nov 28, 2022
  4. What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account?

Microsoft account hacked

Hi AlexanderThompson5,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community.

I hope you are doing well.

I'm sorry to know what you have experienced with your Microsoft account. We really appreciate your time in bringing this concern to us. Let's check on this together and find ways to address this matter.

I'm not sure if you have done this already but below is the process in recovering a Microsoft account.

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

Please try to follow the steps to help you take back control of your Microsoft account.

And with regards to the charges from your account, I'm afraid that we can't help you further about this here in online community. We suggest to contact our live support for Accounts and Billing to check if it is possible for them to stop the automatic changes.

Microsoft Store & billing help - Microsoft Support

Also, we highly suggest to keep your security information updated like your alternative email and phone number to prevent this problem from happening in the future.

I hope I was able to help you today.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Have a great day and stay safe!

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Advocate

Mara May M, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account?

1. What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account? - Similar Threads - Microsoft refuses let

2. Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?: Hi, recently my microsoft account has been hacked. I contact with support they took all information still they are not helping. Not even confirmed that they are taking action. On the other hand the hacker is frequestly using my account. I can no longer access them as he...
  3. Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?: Hi, recently my microsoft account has been hacked. I contact with support they took all information still they are not helping. Not even confirmed that they are taking action. On the other hand the hacker is frequestly using my account. I can no longer access them as he...
  4. How do i recover a hacked/deleted microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover a hacked/deleted microsoft account: Hello, My laptop got hacked recently and i lost admin control. But with your help earlier i have fixed this problem. However the hacker has deleted my microsoft account with the email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . I have contacted you through your forms but...
  5. How do i recover a hacked/deleted microsoft account

How do i recover a hacked/deleted microsoft account: Hello, My laptop got hacked recently and i lost admin control. But with your help earlier i have fixed this problem. However the hacker has deleted my microsoft account with the email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . I have contacted you through your forms but...
  6. How do I recover my hacked minecraft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my hacked minecraft account?: I can still use my account but my email changed, and the recovery email is different to. My password and recovery phone number also changed. I went on hypixel skyblock and my profiles were deleted. I joined some ones discord through a link someone sent through Minecraft and...
  7. How do I recover my hacked minecraft account?

How do I recover my hacked minecraft account?: I can still use my account but my email changed, and the recovery email is different to. My password and recovery phone number also changed. I went on hypixel skyblock and my profiles were deleted. I joined some ones discord through a link someone sent through Minecraft and...
  8. What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account?

What do I do if Microsoft refuses to let me recover my hacked account?: I got hacked by a “rambler.ru” hacker. I’ve probably made about a dozen cases now on it but basically Microsoft tells me the only option I have left is to create a new account, and that no matter what I can never recover my account. Even though I have countless proof of...
  9. What should I do if my Microsoft Store is not letting me do anything on it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What should I do if my Microsoft Store is not letting me do anything on it?: What should I do if my Microsoft Store is not letting me do anything on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-if-my-microsoft-store-is-not/4adcf5c0-941e-43a0-b50d-0ba6d1eb9323
  10. Microsoft account hacked what to do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account hacked what to do?: My Microsoft account was hacked 2 days ago. My Google Account was gone at the same time. But I got my Google Account back today with the support and I'm working on my Microsoft Account. Do I have any way to get the account back through my Google Account. Because it's the same...