Windows 10: What do I do if win updates is deleting or corrupting the boot manager?

Discus and support What do I do if win updates is deleting or corrupting the boot manager? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When is Microsoft going take resposibilty for thier window update failure? My purchase win pro 10 and office works perferctly until win updates start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 4u Com, Sep 15, 2021.

1. 4u Com Win User

What do I do if win updates is deleting or corrupting the boot manager?

When is Microsoft going take resposibilty for thier window update failure? My purchase win pro 10 and office works perferctly until win updates start loading thier usless update. A simple microsoft accountabilty for a paying customer would be to down load win updates into microsoft defender first, for window defender to run a download scan of the update before it installs the update. Now microsoft with windows defender can double check the downloaded update is in the best intrest of the customer device. also micrososft then can monitor their updated and due window defender updates to authorize

:)

4u Com, Sep 15, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

win 7 cant install update

• Boot into safe mode;
    • Open Code: %temp%[/quote] on Explorer;
    • Delete everything inside it;
    • Reboot;
    • Try to apply updates again;
    • PROFIT?

temp02, Sep 15, 2021
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Sep 15, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. What do I do if win updates is deleting or corrupting the boot manager? - Similar Threads - updates deleting corrupting

2. There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?: There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-to-folder-that-i-cant-delete-what-do-i-do/890f907c-3be6-43ce-9f09-c90fdb4e5109
  3. There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?: There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-to-folder-that-i-cant-delete-what-do-i-do/890f907c-3be6-43ce-9f09-c90fdb4e5109
  4. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?: A few weeks ago, I got an email from Paypal; long story short, it led me to a number, I allowed this a**hat into my laptop.I got scammed out of some money; I uninstalled everything related to that damn scam; I should have known better but I was just tired that day and wasn't...
  5. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?: A few weeks ago, I got an email from Paypal; long story short, it led me to a number, I allowed this a**hat into my laptop.I got scammed out of some money; I uninstalled everything related to that damn scam; I should have known better but I was just tired that day and wasn't...
  6. Ndis.sys corrupted. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ndis.sys corrupted. What do I do?: Hey! I woke up to my PC today not working anymore. Always when I turn it on, it goes straight to startup repair, and it says it can't fix anything. I tried restarting, turning it off and on again, pressing the continue button, nothing works. Then, I went on to the next...
  7. What do I do if Updates do not complete?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I do if Updates do not complete?: Cumulative Update KB4598242, said installing 100%. Sat there forever, then started over. Went to 22%, and now frozen there. Should I restart my PC. appears I cannot do anything else, like load a game while that is going on. Began at 8:20AM it is now 9:26 AM and still...
  8. Windows BSOD memory management, what do i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD memory management, what do i do?: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results Date: 10/2/2020 7:59:11 PM Event ID: 1102 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-94RB8DE Description: The...
  9. Win 10 desktop Stuck in "repair at next boot" what do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 desktop Stuck in "repair at next boot" what do I do?: Hello to all, Forgive me please, but I didn't know which "Windows Topics" to pick. I'm OLD, disabled, stay at home 99.9% of the time and am NOT tech savvy. I NEED my computer, all my friends live there, lol. But, we ALL need them, especially now. I'm praying for everyone...
  10. WINDOWS ON BOOT LOOP, WHAT DO I DO?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WINDOWS ON BOOT LOOP, WHAT DO I DO?: I tried to follow a number of tutorials but I can't seem to find a head way. Here are a few things I tried : Initially it was bringing up the automatic repairs option, and I tried restarting, didn't work. Later it stopped bringing that up and just on infinity loop, and I...