Windows 10: what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc

Discus and support what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i bought a new pc today and it wouldnt work with internet for some reason but now im at the home screen of when you first turn it on where it says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by conner890, Feb 28, 2024.

1. conner890 Win User

what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc

i bought a new pc today and it wouldnt work with internet for some reason but now im at the home screen of when you first turn it on where it says the time the date and the day when i click space it says theres a acc called administration but when i log in it says that account has been disabled and it wont lemme make a diff acc or still put wifi on the pc and it says the i couldnt install windows

:)

conner890, Feb 28, 2024

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Question about WiFi and PC

Hello. I just set up my first WiFi network on my Windows PC in my home, but I want to make sure that I am doing everything properly as it relates to connecting.

On a Microsoft support page, it states the following on how to connect to your WiFi:

Connect a PC to your wireless network

1. Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
    2. In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
    3. Type the security key (often called the password).
    4. Follow additional instructions if there are any.
    When I turn on my PC, I notice that I get Internet access immediately. I don't need to follow steps 1-4 at all. I do not have the "Connect Automatically" box checked.

Why don't I have to click on the Connect button like step 2 states? I want to make sure that my WiFi is secure, also.

Thank you.

LadyWhite369, Feb 28, 2024
  4. what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc

Recommendation for WiFi usb / card

If you have a desktop computer I would STRONGLY suggest a PCIe adapter rather than a USB adapter if you go with WiFi 6. The only USB WiFi adapters that I have seen thus far use a Realtek chipset which is reported to have some serious flaws. In my own personal experience, I have tried 2 of these and returned both, getting performance worse than other WiFi 5 adapters and constant disconnects even 10 feet from my WiFi router. If you go with a USB adapter, I would suggest a quality WiFi 5 adapter. One more note: Should you decide to go with a WiFi 6 PCIe adapter, I would suggest a WiFi 6e model. They actually cost no more, and they are one step up just in case you ever go to a WiFi 6e router.

hsehestedt, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc

1. what do i do when i cant use wifi on my pc - Similar Threads - cant wifi

2. PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10: My Wi-Fi is bad, so I got an extender, it worked for a while but one day it said "cant connect to this network" on the extender Wi-Fi. It's been a while now, and it still won't work....
  3. PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10: My Wi-Fi is bad, so I got an extender, it worked for a while but one day it said "cant connect to this network" on the extender Wi-Fi. It's been a while now, and it still won't work....
  4. PC cant connect to wifi extender windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No wifi logo and my airplane mode is always turn on i cant turn it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi logo and my airplane mode is always turn on i cant turn it off: All advice and instruction i have try but no one can fix it ...Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-logo-and-my-airplane-mode-is-always-turn/f7c4e264-2fa5-4d9f-a155-753153f8a77f
  6. No wifi logo and my airplane mode is always turn on i cant turn it off

No wifi logo and my airplane mode is always turn on i cant turn it off: All advice and instruction i have try but no one can fix it ...Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-logo-and-my-airplane-mode-is-always-turn/f7c4e264-2fa5-4d9f-a155-753153f8a77f
  7. My laptop cant connect to 5ghz wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop cant connect to 5ghz wifi.: for a couple of months my laptop was connecting to 5ghz wfi but then suddenly one day my laptop stopped connecting to 5ghz wifi, it shows cant connect to this network. i have reinstalled the drivers too. please help......
  8. My laptop cant connect to 5ghz wifi.

My laptop cant connect to 5ghz wifi.: for a couple of months my laptop was connecting to 5ghz wfi but then suddenly one day my laptop stopped connecting to 5ghz wifi, it shows cant connect to this network. i have reinstalled the drivers too. please help......
  9. I cant connect my laptop to my internet using wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect my laptop to my internet using wifi: HELP needed urgwntly. I am a dinosaur but cant work out why i. Ant connect to the internet using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-laptop-to-my-internet-using-wifi/e0d48d63-668b-4147-90e9-e475b7b8bdf2
  10. I cant connect my laptop to my internet using wifi

I cant connect my laptop to my internet using wifi: HELP needed urgwntly. I am a dinosaur but cant work out why i. Ant connect to the internet using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-laptop-to-my-internet-using-wifi/e0d48d63-668b-4147-90e9-e475b7b8bdf2