Windows 10: What do i do with the old installation of Windows 10 on my HDD if i plan to install it onto...

Discus and support What do i do with the old installation of Windows 10 on my HDD if i plan to install it onto... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i recently bought a new SSD to install Windows on after having it installed on my HDD for years now. I've done some research about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Battlekid18, May 30, 2020.

1. What do i do with the old installation of Windows 10 on my HDD if i plan to install it onto...

Hi everyone, i recently bought a new SSD to install Windows on after having it installed on my HDD for years now. I've done some research about reinstalling Windows onto the new drive but i'm still not sure about one thing: what am i supposed to do with the old installation on my HDD?

I have files on the HDD that i want to keep so should i back them up and wipe the drive before i go about installing Windows onto the SSD? Do i do that afterwards? Or can i just leave the old installation alone? I'm not sure.

submitted by /u/Battlekid18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Battlekid18, May 30, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 4, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 4, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

What do i do with the old installation of Windows 10 on my HDD if i plan to install it onto...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

What do i do with the old installation of Windows 10 on my HDD if i plan to install it onto...

1. What do i do with the old installation of Windows 10 on my HDD if i plan to install it onto... - Similar Threads - old installation HDD

2. Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?: Hello. Is it necessary to run DBAN to erase the information from the disk, before I install Windows 10, so it can be guaranteed there won't be information from the previous OS, which could lead to malfunction and software conflicts when the old information is mixed with the...
  3. I extracted too many files onto my Windows 10 computer. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I extracted too many files onto my Windows 10 computer. What do I do?: I accidentally extracted a huge file onto my computer and now I have hundreds of files on my desktop and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-extracted-too-many-files-onto-my-windows-10/e8e9b3f4-e033-42cf-9dab-d84067071c6b
  4. How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?: Basically what i said in the title is what i need help with. Please and thanks! submitted by /u/keonzneedshelp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4fknj/how_do_i_install_windows_onto_a_usb_with_a/
  5. Installing Windows froze at 2%. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows froze at 2%. What do I do?: imgur link I wanted to reset my PC because my sound wasn't working, and this was my last resort. I just did: Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Turned on Data Erasure -> Turned on something else that makes it so that I remove...
  6. How do I install Windows 10 onto my laptop correctly?

How do I install Windows 10 onto my laptop correctly?: Currently I am using Linux Mint. I switched from Windows 10 awhile ago. I now want to switch back to Windows 10 permanently. I have a few problems though. -I don't know how to configure the system and/or bios to allow the use of Intel Optane Memory -All of my previous...
  7. How do I install windows 10 onto my SSD

How do I install windows 10 onto my SSD: Hi! I just got a new SSD which I will be using as a boot drive for my laptop. My plan is to use the SSD to bootup windows and then the HDD my laptop currently has for space I also bought windows 10 pro while I was at it. However, I Don't know what to do half the time. I...
  8. SSD installed successfully-what to do with HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD installed successfully-what to do with HDD: After a week spent (reluctantly) performing BIOS updates, downloading and installing 1803 for Win 10 Pro and tweaking USB functions I was able to clone a Samsung 860 EVO 1tb 2.5 inch drive from a 1tb Toshiba HDD that came with Dell desktop. The easiest and simplest method to...
  9. After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After SSD Installation What Do I Do With Old HDD: Hello Everyone, I just installed a new 500 gb SSD and successfully moved the Operating System and data. I want to use the old HDD that still has an OS for storage. What do I need to do next? I downloaded AOMEI Petition Assistant but am not sure which option(s) I should...
  10. What dll's do I install

in Windows 10 Support
    What dll's do I install: Hi, I am running Windows 10 64 bit Home on a Dell desktop, with an Intel duel core processor at 3.10GHz and 8 GB of Ram. I also use Paint Shop Pro 9 graphics program, and have always had to install some dll's in order for my plug-ins to work in the PSP9 program. Can...