Windows 10: What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc?

Discus and support What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an SSD with Windows 10 pro on it from my old pc. What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc. Do I have to fresh install? If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BrandonEpix81, Dec 2, 2019.

1. What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc?

I have an SSD with Windows 10 pro on it from my old pc. What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc. Do I have to fresh install? If so, how do I do that, I don’t have the product key.

submitted by /u/BrandonEpix81
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BrandonEpix81, Dec 2, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Dec 4, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 4, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc?

1. What do I have to do to get my drivers to update to my new pc? - Similar Threads - drivers update

2. my disk 0 drivers lost after update please help me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my disk 0 drivers lost after update please help me: my disk o is unallocated try to initialize . I/O device error coming please help my I tried lot of way I don't need any data back need my drives back [ATTACH] * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  3. Drivers updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drivers updates: I have windows 10 home Version 1803 i'm in need of 3 types of driver updates but can't find any. is there any help for me please. I need to update REALTEK PCLE FE FAMILY CONTROLLER UPDATE STANDARD SANTA AHCI CONTROLLER UPDATE REALTEK PCLE CARD READER UPDATE I...
  4. Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy: I have enabled 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update', also automatic device installation is disabled. I'm on a metered connection but the sound driver keeps downloading every time. I also don't have any assistant crap that came with the laptop. I used Driver Store...
  5. Intel (R) HD Graphics 610 driver stopped working after Windows Update!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel (R) HD Graphics 610 driver stopped working after Windows Update!: Hi all, My screen had been flickering between the "night light" setting on and off every now and then during the day for about a month. However, overall the night light functioned correctly and the brightness could be changed on my device. However, after a windows update...
  6. Driver Power State Failure even after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Power State Failure even after updating drivers: For the past week, I have been getting this blue screen with stop code Driver Power State Failure every time I sleep or shut down my desktop then turn it back on in Windows 10. I have been researching the Microsoft Community about this problem and how to fix it. This lead me...
  7. Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update: Hi So today Windows 10 decided to automatically update my nvidia GPU drivers to version 432.00. I don't mind that it updated them since i was running on an older driver version i think. But my question is : is version 432.00 a good version ? I mean does it have any real...
  8. Resolution problem after driver update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resolution problem after driver update: I used app called "Driver Booster" to upgrade my drivers. After upgrading few of them my resolution became wider,letters blurred, and my pc is working so slow it took me 3 minutes to open google chrome... As you can see i cant move icons to the full right,like there is...
  9. Windows 10 Update stopcode "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update stopcode "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG": My windows 10 update (from version 1607) keeps failing. I got the above stop code. 1). how can I fix the problem. 2). where will I find the error dumps (if any) produced by the failure of update. I hope to avoid having to reload Windows 10 from scratch, and then having...
  10. Screenshots not working, even after driver updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshots not working, even after driver updates: I tried using ptr scrn and windows button + prt scrn button. Nothing works. And when it does say screen shot taken the screen shot is from minutes before I took the actual screenshot ?? Trying to screenshot in game. submitted by /u/Esko99 [link] [comments]...