Windows 10: What do I need do next to get out of Selective Startup?

Discus and support What do I need do next to get out of Selective Startup? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This PC had Win 7 / Win 10 dual booted on it at one time. The system failed after trying a upgrade and repairs around June 2019. I ended up loosing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jim Guth, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Jim Guth Win User

What do I need do next to get out of Selective Startup?

This PC had Win 7 / Win 10 dual booted on it at one time. The system failed after trying a upgrade and repairs around June 2019. I ended up loosing Win 7 Product key after trying to make many repairs for about the 5th time.

It has not worked right since then. Lost years of data in the process.

I cleaned all my drives of MBR and set them all as GPT.

Then bought a new 500 GB SSD with new Windows 10 Pro w/ Prod key and I (thought I) did a clean install.

Then added Office 2010, Norton 360, ExpressVPN (VPN is not activated).

I'm stuck in "msconfig" selective startup and can't figure out how get out of it.

I've ran as Administrator:

"sfc scannow" on all my GPT drives and found zero errors.

Did "DISM" and had zero problems.

Did the troubleshooters in Control panel and all of Win 10 settings TS.

I have internet connection.

Shut down 3 times to do I repair.

Desk Top PC (Intel DZ68BC (i7)) 16GB ram works but I have problems with consistent startup and normal startup and has sleep problems.

There are many errors showing in Event Viewer but I don't know how to attack it here with the other screen shots.

I went into safe mode yesterday but I now have to use MS Account password to start up, instead of my normal PW and Pin which no longer work.

I'd like to clear all of Win 10 setting and start all over again with a clean slate, since Win 10 seems to remember all my older MS account data. Is that possible?

I don't want to do another clean install if I can help it. Ever thing I've read on this repair just seems to go back into the same circle. What do I need do next to get out of Selective Startup? b17debfc-3c39-4bf7-98bf-13cd134409cd?upload=true.png What do I need do next to get out of Selective Startup? 5e05e1c7-f777-4f1a-a344-d23a592f582a?upload=true.png What do I need do next to get out of Selective Startup? c1da87df-c6b0-456f-8c8d-4cd8672fea0f?upload=true.png

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

:)

Jim Guth, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Startup

Hi Yossif,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

This issue might occur some of the Startup setting got corrupted.
    I suggest you to try performing Start up repair and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Winbook TW802 freezes on startup!

Hi,

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to use your tablet. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. What do I need do next to get out of Selective Startup? - Similar Threads - need next Selective

2. What do I do next

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do next: so I have updated Microsoft money to 2005, but still candt get VAT to work, ticked all the boxes, and vat entry box shows on transaction but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-next/5cb90712-b760-4dcd-94a3-6df936f4815f
  3. What do I do next

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do next: so I have updated Microsoft money to 2005, but still candt get VAT to work, ticked all the boxes, and vat entry box shows on transaction but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-next/5cb90712-b760-4dcd-94a3-6df936f4815f
  4. What do I do next

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What do I need to do?

What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  6. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  7. what should i do next?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should i do next?: i always see this when i open my computer. Thanks for helping me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-next/285d5c22-fbec-4346-8c1a-514312fd3c1a
  8. what should i do next?

what should i do next?: i always see this when i open my computer. Thanks for helping me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-next/285d5c22-fbec-4346-8c1a-514312fd3c1a
  9. what should i do next?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I can't get to a support person, what to do next?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't get to a support person, what to do next?: I've tried everything to get a human on the phone to help me, I've purchased Windows 10 Pro via the store and it said I would receive the Product Key in my email but all I've received is a receipt email. The device did register, but then I changed the CPU and motherboard to...