Windows 10: What do I need to do to shut down computer?

Discus and support What do I need to do to shut down computer? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Lately, my computer isn't shutting down off when I hit shut down. How do I fix? This week, I put in pin number to start since it won't let me go on. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KathyJB316, May 27, 2021.

1. What do I need to do to shut down computer?

Lately, my computer isn't shutting down off when I hit shut down. How do I fix? This week, I put in pin number to start since it won't let me go on. I don't want my computer on all night. Thank you

:)

KathyJB316, May 27, 2021
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, May 27, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer Shuts Down

Hi Austin,

If your computer shuts down unexpectedly when the battery is at 50%, it is possible that the battery is defective or that the drivers of the battery is incompatible with Windows 10 version 1709. For us to isolate the issue about shutting down when the battery
    is at 50%, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is your computer new? Or, is it an old computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the driver for your battery is updated? If not, kindly do so.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, May 27, 2021
  4. What do I need to do to shut down computer?

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 27, 2021
Thema:

What do I need to do to shut down computer?

1. What do I need to do to shut down computer? - Similar Threads - need shut down

2. Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?: Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-shut-down-the-computer-when-i-go-to/ae4d41d4-781d-414e-ada8-456b7bc93d19
  3. Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?: Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-shut-down-the-computer-when-i-go-to/ae4d41d4-781d-414e-ada8-456b7bc93d19
  4. Programs and /or computer Freezing so that I have to manually shut down. What do I do please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs and /or computer Freezing so that I have to manually shut down. What do I do please?: Hi. I have Windows 10 and have been running Photoshop and Lightroom Classic to edit photos. Everything has been great until recently I went back to my programs as I had been away from them for a few weeks. Now the programs seem slower and eventually freezes. Even if I wait...
  5. Programs and /or computer Freezing so that I have to manually shut down. What do I do please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and /or computer Freezing so that I have to manually shut down. What do I do please?: Hi. I have Windows 10 and have been running Photoshop and Lightroom Classic to edit photos. Everything has been great until recently I went back to my programs as I had been away from them for a few weeks. Now the programs seem slower and eventually freezes. Even if I wait...
  6. Programs and /or computer Freezing so that I have to manually shut down. What do I do please?

7. Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?

Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?: My computer keeps freezing and restarting. I've looked into the Event Viewer and this is what shows up. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-KSNAS7E$ via...
  8. Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Keeps Freezing and Shutting Off, What do I do?: My computer keeps freezing and restarting. I've looked into the Event Viewer and this is what shows up. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-KSNAS7E$ via...
  9. Computer is Freezing then crashing and shutting off, what do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer is Freezing then crashing and shutting off, what do I do?: Error messages listed below. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-KSNAS7E$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:GetCACapsGetCACaps: Not Found{"Message":"The authority...
  10. Computer is Freezing then crashing and shutting off, what do I do?

Computer is Freezing then crashing and shutting off, what do I do?: Error messages listed below. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-KSNAS7E$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:GetCACapsGetCACaps: Not Found{"Message":"The authority...