Windows 10: What do I need to know before resetting?

Discus and support What do I need to know before resetting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by usfjjc, Jun 9, 2019.

1. usfjjc Win User

What do I need to know before resetting?

My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I need to have an activation code and do I need installation media? Is there anything else I need to know that I'm not asking?

:)

usfjjc, Jun 9, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 9, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 9, 2019
  4. arterius2 Win User

SGI Resets the Bar on Network Attached Storage

"Pricing information is available upon request."

What the heck does that mean? just list the damn price, or give an estimate of one. why would i (or anyone) want to go through all the stupid annoying steps just to know if these units would fit my envelope.

arterius2, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. What do I need to know before resetting? - Similar Threads - need before resetting

2. Is there anything I need to know before doing a fresh install of Windows 10 v 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there anything I need to know before doing a fresh install of Windows 10 v 1803: My pc keeps freezing and a repair of Windows didn't fix the problem so I'm going to do a fresh install of windows on a new hard drive. Is there anything I need to know or do before doing so? Any tips?...
  3. My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?

My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?: Hi everyone, my computer is going in for repair (it needs a new hard drive) and I have been asked to remove my password from the main screen how do I do this without deleting my Microsoft account? I have backed up all important data and removed some programmes but I am...
  4. how do i know what to delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i know what to delete: what programs do I delete when its comes to malware n antivirus programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_other/how-do-i-know-what-to-delete/43ca02ad-c970-4e74-8bca-cf22f0dea7f7
  5. I don't know what to do anymore

I don't know what to do anymore: Basically I hate windows 10 and wanted to go back to windows 7, sadly windows doesn't want to cooperate with me. I want a clean install so all my files and settings would get removed and/or reset which is totally fine. Sadly windows 10 does not like me, I've been stuck at...
  6. Sometimes I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes I don't know what to do: One of my colleagues can't open .pst file. She is using MS Outlook 2013. Only yesterday hers .pst file was fine. 92750
  7. What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD

in Windows 10 Support
    What do I need to do befor I change video card from Nvidia to AMD: Hi I am going to change my video card from NVIDIA to a new AMD card my question is what do I have to do to get ready before I put in the new video card? Thanks John 70502
  8. reset this pc help before i do

reset this pc help before i do: Hello, Im new to windows 10. I bought a used laptop acer aspire v3 731 4695 last week and i really like it. Also it was updated to windows 10 already before i got it. All is working very well but the previous owners name pops up on various things and i would like to start...
  9. Replacing mobo with an identical replacement: what do I need to know?

Replacing mobo with an identical replacement: what do I need to know?: Hi All: I just bought an identical (new) Vostro 270 mobo to replace the bad one in my Inspiron 660. Besides having to reactivate Windows 10, what else do I need to know or have on hand before proceeding? - Will I need to download drivers in advance - or can I update...
  10. What You Need to Know Before You Go to Microsoft Inspire

in Windows 10 News
    What You Need to Know Before You Go to Microsoft Inspire: Microsoft Inspire is just over a week away. Are you getting ready? Are you getting excited? We definitely are. So just like us, you should be sure to double check your travel arrangements, download the Know Before You Go guide and get the mobile app to make sure you’re ready...