Windows 10: What do I need to know before resetting?

Discus and support What do I need to know before resetting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by usfjjc, Jun 9, 2019.

1. usfjjc Win User

What do I need to know before resetting?

My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I need to have an activation code and do I need installation media? Is there anything else I need to know that I'm not asking?

:)

usfjjc, Jun 9, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 9, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 9, 2019
  4. arterius2 Win User

SGI Resets the Bar on Network Attached Storage

"Pricing information is available upon request."

What the heck does that mean? just list the damn price, or give an estimate of one. why would i (or anyone) want to go through all the stupid annoying steps just to know if these units would fit my envelope.

arterius2, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. What do I need to know before resetting? - Similar Threads - need before resetting

2. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I do know?: what should I do if I contacted them and they added network security to my computer and I sent them a check for $641.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-know/cb785e3e-38e3-46fa-8cae-2cba037b5478
  3. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I do know?: what should I do if I contacted them and they added network security to my computer and I sent them a check for $641.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-know/cb785e3e-38e3-46fa-8cae-2cba037b5478
  4. what do I do know?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. i need help ! i dont know what to do now..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help ! i dont know what to do now..: Goodevening Moderators!So yesterday an update failed on my windows 10 laptop lenovo ideapad 320and today i cant access display setting in system settings, cant adjust the birghtness it closes automatically if i click on it.the Intel uhd graphics 620 is also getting an error...
  6. I need to know what these two files do.

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to know what these two files do.: a game demo I downloaded tried and maybe succeeded to access these two files on my computer C:\Windows\INF\input.inf C:\Windows\INF\hidserv.PNF I want to know what these two files do so I can understand if I should be worried. 163707
  7. How do I know what to keep before resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I know what to keep before resetting?: Hello. because of certain circumstances, I need to do a Windows reset as fast as possible. I want to back up only files that are not apps, and that will not be re-installed. I think... the thing is I don't quite know what I want to back up and where to find it. if I make...
  8. I don't know what this means... Do I need to do something?

I don't know what this means... Do I need to do something?: This always comes up, but I don't really know why or what a .net Framework is. My computer seems to work ok but I don't know how to make it go away.[ATTACH]...
  9. My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?

My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?: Hi everyone, my computer is going in for repair (it needs a new hard drive) and I have been asked to remove my password from the main screen how do I do this without deleting my Microsoft account? I have backed up all important data and removed some programmes but I am...
  10. What You Need to Know Before You Go to Microsoft Inspire

in Windows 10 News
    What You Need to Know Before You Go to Microsoft Inspire: Microsoft Inspire is just over a week away. Are you getting ready? Are you getting excited? We definitely are. So just like us, you should be sure to double check your travel arrangements, download the Know Before You Go guide and get the mobile app to make sure you’re ready...