Windows 10: What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two...

Discus and support What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/tie_her_up [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5fbys/what_do_i_need_to_make_a_raid_0_array_i_running/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tie_her_up, Feb 17, 2020.

1. What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two...

/u/tie_her_up, Feb 17, 2020
  2. 24C
    24c Win User

M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

I am not using a RAID card - there are 3 M.2 slots on the mobo - slots 1 & 2 have Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB drives - slot 3 has a Samsung 960 EVO drive .
    I can create a RAID 0 array using the 2 960 Pro drives - but it is not recognized in the Boot options.
    Strip size was changed to the suggested 128KB after this pic was taken
    I have been messing with the BIOS all night trying to figure this out - no luck

What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two... [​IMG]

What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two... [​IMG]

3. 24C
    24c Win User
    M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

Issue resolved - I decided to re-install Win 10 to the RAID array - said it couldn't install because Windows MBR and drive needed to be GPT - or something to that effect.

Using diskpart, I formatted the array and converted it to GPT - Windows installed and booting is fine. I had run into this before because I always delete the RECOVERY and EFI partitions from the drives - it is an OCD thing - don't ask - *Sad

This is the current Disk Mgmnt situation - no way I'll leave it alone
    Benchmark below - not that impressed with it - writes much better - reads not so much.

Other issue - the drive does not show up in Acronis when trying restore a backup - this may be the RAID deal killer for me.

I thank you for the suggestions - how could you help when I left a card out of the deck - my bad.

Rest and Think time before doing anymore - THANKS AGAIN!

4. What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two...

Windows 10 pro 64bit and Raid 0 array

I have windows installed on a 120GB SSD. I have 2 WD 1TB drives in a raid 0 array set in legacy bios config. 1 WD 750gb. set as single logical drives from within windows. MB on board Raid controller recognizes array, and so will windows... at least for a
    while... although at random 1-4hrs windows will suddenly dump the full array as though the drives were disconnected. is there a fix for this?

MB is an MSI 970A-G43 with AMD 6350 and ASUS Radeon r9 270x top all bios and related firmware for all devices are upto date as per individual device manufacture.

Tristan3339, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two...

1. What do I need to make a RAID 0 array? I running windows off of a small ssd but I have two... - Similar Threads - need RAID array

2. I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...: I have a 2 drive RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper resource to do so. Any help appreciated, this thing is taking forever to load. Thanks in Advance....
  3. I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...: I have a 2 drive RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper resource to do so. Any help appreciated, this thing is taking forever to load. Thanks in Advance....
  4. I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Do I lose my windows 11 license if I do a raid 0?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I lose my windows 11 license if I do a raid 0?: Hi, I'm trying to do a raid 0 on my laptop wich has a windows 11 license oem, I will lose it if I reinstall from a recovery drive? or from a booteable usb with win11 from the windows page?regarts.ps: The main ssd has intel optane, can I use it after the raid?...
  6. How to delete RAID 0 array

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete RAID 0 array: Hi, I want to delete RAID 0 I made with Storage Spaces. I'ts 4 HDDs and one is having problems. It still works, but I have problem deleting or moving some files. Tried eliminating the HDD from the array, but it won´t let me (stuck at 0,04% use for months) Tried from the...
  7. Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?: After installing Win 10 Pro 64-bit, my internal HDD RAID 0 array began to show an error on one of the 2 drives at start up (Listed as "error occurred" in red text on the screen that usually has all white text on a black screen), and also it's been acting funny, intermittently...
  8. Raid 0 ssd drive

Raid 0 ssd drive: HI all Hope someone can help me. I have a desktop computer in raid 0 samsung ssd drive My problem I have is deleted pictures. I know that raid 0 ssd does not support trim on my p58 atx motherboard so if I delete a file I should be able to recover it? I deleted a...
  9. write cache buffer flushing Can I trun it off on a SSD raid 0 ?

write cache buffer flushing Can I trun it off on a SSD raid 0 ?: I would Like to turn off the write cache buffer flushing on my SSD Any one has tried this before ? any advice's ? Thanks 61653
  10. Defraggler + SSD raid 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defraggler + SSD raid 0: So i've lived with this for alotta years. Its now on my short list of "things that irk me" to sort out. Ive waited iteration after iteration for piriform to sort it out. I've installed driver after driver for my raid controller. Different versions of windows. The problem...