Windows 10: What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ?

Discus and support What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Is there anything I must do to make all my PCs download from each other to upgrade WIn10, Note they are all on same network (connected to same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tarik, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Tarik Win User

What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ?

Hi

Is there anything I must do to make all my PCs download from each other to upgrade WIn10,

Note they are all on same network (connected to same router) but I'm not sure if I need to create a homegroup or something like that?

:)

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015

2. What Hardware or Software do I need to make my Desktop Miracast capable?

Hi Shawn,

I've been searching for the best way to miracast my desktop to my tv. The desktop doesn't have the hardware to miracast. The tv has build-in screen reproduction hardware.

Your tip about the screenbeam transmitter is very usefull. I was just wondering, do I also need the screenbeam receiver, or will the screenbeam transmitter work with the build-in transmitter in the tv?

Thanks in advance

EdwinDopper, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 28, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Each Device will need it's own Win 10. I believe.

5. Tarik Win User
    Microsoft said it will use P2P to download from devices
    see gabe aul Gabriel Aul on Twitter:

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    They wil share the files but not the OS unless all 3 devices have qualifying OS's on them such as Win 8.1,8 or 7.

7. Tarik Win User
    I dont want them to share the OS, I just want to share the $Windows folder files and not download them on each device

Note all of the devices have qualified Windows 8.1 and one of them already started downloading bits

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015
  8. What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ?

This is an excellent question, so I looked in Settings> Update & Recovery > Windows Update> Advanced options > Choose how updates are delivered

Then pressed Learn more
    Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ - Windows Help

Unfortunately it doesn't give enough information to answer your specific question.

You could wait to see if a TF member can help. You might also want to ask your question on the Microsoft community forums - you'll need to sign in over there.

I searched and did not find anything on the subject.
    Win10 > Windows update forum

I do not have a home network, so I cannot answer your question directly, so the next best thing is
    Google search results for Peer-to-Peer Windows network. P2P is farily standard technology and any good reference should provide the information you need to set up the P2P network.

Please post the resolution you find so other embers (and I) can learn from your experience.

Thanks,

Bill

Slartybart, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Tarik Win User
    thanks startybart for the awesome reply, but I have win8.1 and i dont see the advanced options in settings update

What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ? [​IMG]

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Right - sorry 'bout that. Advanced is in Win10 Settings.

Wish my post was more helpful than awesome *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ? - Similar Threads - need Windows10 upgrade

2. Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?: Hello, I was wondering what are the steps I need to do to transfer my windows 10 and pc data to my new motherboard? Researched online but most of videos and articles skip important questions like:1 How do I back up all my pc data? 2 Do I have to reinstall the drivers for my...
  3. Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?: Hello, I was wondering what are the steps I need to do to transfer my windows 10 and pc data to my new motherboard? Researched online but most of videos and articles skip important questions like:1 How do I back up all my pc data? 2 Do I have to reinstall the drivers for my...
  4. Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. p2p

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    p2p: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/p2p%E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BD%E5%99%A8%E6%80%8E%E4%B9%88/336c8ccf-a022-4c2c-bbb2-ac7d60a99ed0
  6. What can I do to make my computer better?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What can I do to make my computer better?: I have an old gaming computer and there are no parts around to get the actual computer up to modern standards. Is there anything I can connect to the computer to make it better? submitted by /u/t_maceroni [link] [comments]...
  7. upgrading windows10 - has a warning message, what to do

upgrading windows10 - has a warning message, what to do: I've starting upgrading windows 10 - comes in 3 sections: part 1 done. Has 2 upgrades left . Yet, got message to delete old version, of windows 10 - with a warning ! that's not complete, tried finding the rest of warning om laptop. No, luck. What to do, need the space to...
  8. No Matter what I do all my computer does is ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No Matter what I do all my computer does is ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++: Hello, I need help. Every time I click on an icon or open up the internet. The computer automatically inserts a continuous chain of plus signs. I can't do anything on my computer but turn it off and turn it on. Help please. With everything going on with the COVID-19, I need...
  9. I been told I need upgrade my computer to play Anno 1800. What do I need

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been told I need upgrade my computer to play Anno 1800. What do I need: Current Specs: Windows 10 64 bit Intel Core i3-4350 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 8.0GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-been-told-i-need-upgrade-my-computer-to-play/a4d2c4c1-9064-47c6-a2e8-d391c9268cae
  10. Need Windows10 upgrade

Need Windows10 upgrade: I have Surface tablet with Windows RT 8.1. I was not given the option to upgrade to Windows10 in 2016. There is an app that I need that only can work in Windows 10. I have no plans to buy a new tablet. What can I do?...