Windows 10: What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ?

Discus and support What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Is there anything I must do to make all my PCs download from each other to upgrade WIn10, Note they are all on same network (connected to same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tarik, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Tarik Win User

What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ?

Hi

Is there anything I must do to make all my PCs download from each other to upgrade WIn10,

Note they are all on same network (connected to same router) but I'm not sure if I need to create a homegroup or something like that?

:)

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015
  2. EdwinDopper Win User

What Hardware or Software do I need to make my Desktop Miracast capable?

Hi Shawn,

I've been searching for the best way to miracast my desktop to my tv. The desktop doesn't have the hardware to miracast. The tv has build-in screen reproduction hardware.

Your tip about the screenbeam transmitter is very usefull. I was just wondering, do I also need the screenbeam receiver, or will the screenbeam transmitter work with the build-in transmitter in the tv?

Thanks in advance

EdwinDopper, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] Win User
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 28, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Each Device will need it's own Win 10. I believe.

5. Tarik Win User
    Microsoft said it will use P2P to download from devices
    see gabe aul Gabriel Aul on Twitter:

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    They wil share the files but not the OS unless all 3 devices have qualifying OS's on them such as Win 8.1,8 or 7.

7. Tarik Win User
    I dont want them to share the OS, I just want to share the $Windows folder files and not download them on each device

Note all of the devices have qualified Windows 8.1 and one of them already started downloading bits

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Slartybart Win User

This is an excellent question, so I looked in Settings> Update & Recovery > Windows Update> Advanced options > Choose how updates are delivered

Then pressed Learn more
    Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ - Windows Help

Unfortunately it doesn't give enough information to answer your specific question.

You could wait to see if a TF member can help. You might also want to ask your question on the Microsoft community forums - you'll need to sign in over there.

I searched and did not find anything on the subject.
    Win10 > Windows update forum

I do not have a home network, so I cannot answer your question directly, so the next best thing is
    Google search results for Peer-to-Peer Windows network. P2P is farily standard technology and any good reference should provide the information you need to set up the P2P network.

Please post the resolution you find so other embers (and I) can learn from your experience.

Thanks,

Bill

Slartybart, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Tarik Win User
    thanks startybart for the awesome reply, but I have win8.1 and i dont see the advanced options in settings update

What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ? [​IMG]

Tarik, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Slartybart Win User
    Right - sorry 'bout that. Advanced is in Win10 Settings.

Wish my post was more helpful than awesome *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What do I need to make Windows10 upgrade all my computer P2P ? - Similar Threads - need Windows10 upgrade

2. Need Windows10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Windows10 upgrade: I have Surface tablet with Windows RT 8.1. I was not given the option to upgrade to Windows10 in 2016. There is an app that I need that only can work in Windows 10. I have no plans to buy a new tablet. What can I do?...
  3. Do I Need to Upgrade ??

Do I Need to Upgrade ??: Ok So i am Pleased with my home version but i keep hearing u should upgrade why and what are the benefits and who needs pro Thanks 115304
  4. My computer freeze at times only no tread or malware detected so what do I do to make it...

My computer freeze at times only no tread or malware detected so what do I do to make it...: Computer freeze on me.I have no malware that are showing thru my virus protection so what do I do to make my pc run better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-computer-freeze-at-times-only-no-tread-or/addb171a-2338-4dc2-83c7-0977475e73c3
  5. I deleted my profile account on my computer what do I do?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I deleted my profile account on my computer what do I do?: I deleted my account on accident and now my start button won't work. How do I restore it? And I just updated it to window 10 yesterday and today it said that I was logged in as a temporary account so I tried fixing it but deleted my account what to do? I think I deleted my...
  6. What cable do I need?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What cable do I need?: Hey guys, I've just ordered a 240GB SSD and it never came with a cable, what cable do I need and how would I install it, thanks Link to SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD up to 520 MB/s: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories 31801
  7. I need some cleaning on my PC about Windows10 upgrade... :)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need some cleaning on my PC about Windows10 upgrade... :): Hi boys..... i'm recently buy a newest asus desktop whit Windows 10 Home x64 and i have, thinks, i have installed all upgrade on Windows Updates and on two past days i have also installed the Upgrade (whitout any problems) to "Anniversay Edition". I have used the official...
  8. Need a new HDD making sure I can upgrade before I do

Need a new HDD making sure I can upgrade before I do: I never upgraded to Windows 10 and my HDD crashed on me. I need to buy a new one and was going to upgrade to 10 cause I don't have my Windows 7 install disk anymore. I do have the the windows key sticker on my computer still. Can I use that if I were to download the Windows...
  9. Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?

Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?: Hi, I have a Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" disk running basically only Windows. I've moved all users folders to my other HDD (Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB) and on this disc all Program Files, games etc. are stored. Now I bought this Western Digital Blue 3D NAND...
  10. Do I make an ISO for each computer???

Do I make an ISO for each computer???: I have desktop and laptop. I want to make the ISO file(s) for each of them. Does that require me to make (2) disks or is it a universal disk to use on either computer once created? I'm thinking the activation code might be recorded for each separate machine. I haven't...