Windows 10: What do I so if my disc is 100%

Discus and support What do I so if my disc is 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my disc is every time I start my PC at 100%, it takes about 5 min to start my PC and the login is very buggy, sysmain and the user use all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Caragv1, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Caragv1 Win User

What do I so if my disc is 100%

Hello, my disc is every time I start my PC at 100%, it takes about 5 min to start my PC and the login is very buggy, sysmain and the user use all my disc, my whole computer is getting very slow from it, but after about 10 min it gets normal again, can someone please help me as I don't want to wait 5-10 min every time I start my pc

:)

Caragv1, Feb 1, 2023

2. Disc Usage at 100%

Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I started going through your list of suggestions.

I have switched off all background apps. I was horrified to see so many.

I then disabled windows update.

At that stage I thought I would check out disc usage on task manager.

Disc activity had gone down dramatically and in the performance tag activity was very low, it spiked from time to time if I did something on the PC but the speed on all activity was back to normal.

I thought I would leave things as they were and see if things stayed the same.

No problems at all until this afternoon I was trying to look at a file via windows explorer and got the message "not responding". A quick look at task manager and disc activity is 100% again. Everything slows down. I close down some screens and the desk
    top turns black.

The only way I can get a display up again is "alt" + "tab". The task bar has disappeared. I decided to reboot but the only way I can do that is with the on'/off switch.

The PC reboots. I check that all the apps are still switched off and windows update is still disabled, Disc activity is still 100%.

As I type this disc activity has suddenly dropped. it keeps spiking to 100% but then reverts back to about 12%.

Is this normal or is there something else I should do.

Back to 100% now. How do I find out what is actually happening, what activity is the disc doing?

I am confused.

Any suggestions?

Michael_209, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Disc 100% spikes

Hi Simonas,

Sometimes your computer could run very slow even though you have only very few programs running. Since you're having issue with your 100% disk usage, it is always suggested that you keep your device drivers updated to eliminate the possibility of such problems.

Let us walk you through some steps that may help us resolve your issue. Follow the steps below:

Step 1: File Signature Verification Tool

This tool help maintain the integrity of your Windows operating system by checking if there are any unsigned drivers in your operating system.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type sigverif.exe and press enter.
    • Check if you see a list of unsigned drivers.

Step 2: Scan for hardware changes.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand computer and highlight the extension.
    • There will be an icon to scan for hardware changes right below
      help.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Step 3: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 1, 2023
  4. What do I so if my disc is 100%

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

What do I so if my disc is 100%

1. What do I so if my disc is 100% - Similar Threads - disc 100%

2. Windows 11 100% disc usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 100% disc usage: Since yesterday, I’ve been struggling with a serious issue: the disk utilization on my computer remains at 100%, significantly slowing down its performance, and I’m unable to do anything. I’ve tried various solutions mentioned online, such as disabling Windows Search and...
  3. Windows 11 100% disc usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 100% disc usage: Since yesterday, I’ve been struggling with a serious issue: the disk utilization on my computer remains at 100%, significantly slowing down its performance, and I’m unable to do anything. I’ve tried various solutions mentioned online, such as disabling Windows Search and...
  4. 100% disc usage after Windows Update drops when plugging in a USB flash drive - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disc usage after Windows Update drops when plugging in a USB flash drive - Windows 10: Over the last few years I have been having horrendous problems with Windows Updates making my laptop unusable while downloading and installing, but yesterday WU achieved new heights in destructive power!I have been away for two months, so have not switched on the laptop for...
  5. 100% disc usage after Windows Update drops when plugging in a USB flash drive - Windows 10

100% disc usage after Windows Update drops when plugging in a USB flash drive - Windows 10: Over the last few years I have been having horrendous problems with Windows Updates making my laptop unusable while downloading and installing, but yesterday WU achieved new heights in destructive power!I have been away for two months, so have not switched on the laptop for...
  6. 100% disc usage after Windows Update drops when plugging in a USB flash drive - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?: I got my laptop back in November 2022 and it was running fine until about 2 weeks ago. I reset it just before and it would get resolved for a bit. But now it just doesnt work and i dont know what to do...
  8. My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?

My disc usage says its at 100% while nothing is running. How do i fix this?: I got my laptop back in November 2022 and it was running fine until about 2 weeks ago. I reset it just before and it would get resolved for a bit. But now it just doesnt work and i dont know what to do...
  9. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.I also use net.exe stop sysmain to lower the burdenhere is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29...
  10. Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Immediately after KB5028166 update, my system disc always runs at 100% and system...: I am unable to uninstall it as it gives an error all updates failed to uninstall, rarely even when it unistalls it get reinstalled immediately after restart of PC.here is some of CBS logs for your reference:-2023-08-29 15:35:51, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted Installer...