Windows 10: What do I want to do with Internet Explorer.jar?

Discus and support What do I want to do with Internet Explorer.jar? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "What do you want to do with Internet Explorer.jar?" This is the only option I have when I click on internet explorer. I can either OPEN, SAVE, or SAVE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristinaLeon1, Jul 28, 2019.

1. What do I want to do with Internet Explorer.jar?

"What do you want to do with Internet Explorer.jar?" This is the only option I have when I click on internet explorer. I can either OPEN, SAVE, or SAVE AS. When i click OPEN, the next prompt brings be to a view and track download dialogue box where I can either Save or Clear List. When I save, it downloads, and brings me back to the original question, "What do you want to do with Internet Explorer.jar?" I just want to be able to use my Internet Explorer. Please advise. Thank you ahead of time.

:)

ChristinaLeon1, Jul 28, 2019

2. .jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jul 28, 2019
  3. NateHoopu Win User
    .jar files opening in internet explorer

I have the same problem, I accidentaly switched a .jar file to open with internet explorer, or notepad, I can't remember, and I forgot to unselect set it to the default, and now I can't get back to the java thing, please help.

NateHoopu, Jul 28, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

What do I want to do with Internet Explorer.jar?

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

What do I want to do with Internet Explorer.jar? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

What do I want to do with Internet Explorer.jar?

1. What do I want to do with Internet Explorer.jar? - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer jar

2. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do? WHAT DO I DO!?: A few weeks ago, I got an email from Paypal; long story short, it led me to a number, I allowed this a**hat into my laptop.I got scammed out of some money; I uninstalled everything related to that damn scam; I should have known better but I was just tired that day and wasn't...
  3. Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?: I am an IT technician and I am trying to gather some information on whether Active Directory works for my situation. I have about 50 potential users that are on our network. I am wanting to have a directory service that allows for a user to log on to any computer and have...
  4. Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Active Directory do what I want it to do?: I am an IT technician and I am trying to gather some information on whether Active Directory works for my situation. I have about 50 potential users that are on our network. I am wanting to have a directory service that allows for a user to log on to any computer and have...
  5. Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?: IE is still in 64-bit and 32-bit Programs. Does it still have some relevance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-is-dead-but-what-do-we-do-with/9b711983-e3d6-4933-ae90-b4a7d2938817
  6. Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?: IE is still in 64-bit and 32-bit Programs. Does it still have some relevance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-is-dead-but-what-do-we-do-with/9b711983-e3d6-4933-ae90-b4a7d2938817
  7. Internet Explorer is Dead but What do we do with the Body?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What to do if i unwittingly uninstall Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to do if i unwittingly uninstall Internet Explorer 11: I unwittingly uninstall "Internet Explorer 11" and my shortcuts from steam are now PDF. I install this again and shortcuts are still PDF. I don't know what else has changed. submitted by /u/_Pszemo [link] [comments]...
  9. Jar files won't open no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jar files won't open no matter what I do: I've tried many methods, such as, using a batch file, reinstalling java, using jarx, and jarfix, and the jar files still don't open. Command prompt flashes for a second if I try to open java.exe and the jar file that I'm trying to open which is fabric-api-0.30.0+1.16.jar...
  10. Can I do what I want?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I do what I want?: So I have a Windows pc tucked away in a spare room. Is it possible to turn it on with an android device? I'd then like to be able to stream it to my chromebook so that I can control the pc remotely mm a different room albeit in the same network? Any advice or pointers...