Windows 10: What do iIlose when I restore Windows when i choose the option "Keeping files"?

Discus and support What do iIlose when I restore Windows when i choose the option "Keeping files"? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm talking about this: Start > Settings > Update > Recovery > Keep files because it says that all programs are deleted so I don't see any difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rafa__00, Jan 8, 2020.

1. What do iIlose when I restore Windows when i choose the option "Keeping files"?

I'm talking about this: Start > Settings > Update > Recovery > Keep files because it says that all programs are deleted so I don't see any difference between these 2 options

And also, do I lose my Windows license or not?

submitted by /u/rafa__00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rafa__00, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Files show up when choosing installation path ONLY

Hi,

Enabling view hidden folders/files option is the initial step that you can do to view those missing files. Since you've already tried that step, we suggest changing some settings in the
    Folder Options. Follow the steps listed to make changes in viewing your folders:

• Type This PC in the Search bar then hit
      Enter
    • Double-click Desktop then click the View option on top.
    • Go to the Options tab then click the drop-down button and choose
      Change folder and search options.
    • Click the View tab and uncheck the highlighted options:

What do iIlose when I restore Windows when i choose the option "Keeping files"? 22c8117b-2a9b-4ee9-8d9c-ec85455e827b.png

• Click OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 8, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

What do iIlose when I restore Windows when i choose the option "Keeping files"?

Windows 7 - Messed up permissions

Try this, it may help: Tweaking.com's all in one repair

EDIT:

A quote from the Website page... and, it is some good advice:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

What do iIlose when I restore Windows when i choose the option "Keeping files"?

1. What do iIlose when I restore Windows when i choose the option "Keeping files"? - Similar Threads - iIlose restore choose

2. What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?: Hi. I am having troubles with my Windows 10 PC and after trying quite a few different methods to fix the issues nothing has worked. I am thinking of resetting the pc. I was wondering whether it is best to reinstall Windows locally or from the cloud....
  3. What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?: Hi. I am having troubles with my Windows 10 PC and after trying quite a few different methods to fix the issues nothing has worked. I am thinking of resetting the pc. I was wondering whether it is best to reinstall Windows locally or from the cloud....
  4. What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer keeps freezing when I click a file. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps freezing when I click a file. What do I do?: Yesterday, File Explorer was working perfectly. But today, it isn't. I can't manage my files, extract RAR files, view DOCX files, etc. It runs normally, I can navigate through folders, but it doesn't respond when I double click/right click on any file. I tried restarting...
  6. File Explorer keeps freezing when I click a file. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer keeps freezing when I click a file. What do I do?: Yesterday, File Explorer was working perfectly. But today, it isn't. I can't manage my files, extract RAR files, view DOCX files, etc. It runs normally, I can navigate through folders, but it doesn't respond when I double click/right click on any file. I tried restarting...
  7. File Explorer keeps freezing when I click a file. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SO when i open a .mp4 file and click on the option "open with", I get this option to choose...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanish__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcgpbc/so_when_i_open_a_mp4_file_and_click_on_the_option/
  9. What drive do I choose to restore with Macrium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What drive do I choose to restore with Macrium: Booted the new PC with USB drive with the Macrium Reflect boot menu. The new PC has 2 drives. A 500GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. The same as the old one. Both of them are on the Macrium image as 1 and 2. I plugged in the EXTERNAL HDD and it came up as C:\. It asked me to choose a...
  10. What if I choose Remove files and clean the drive option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What if I choose Remove files and clean the drive option?: I am currently using Redstone 5 and am going to reset my PC without losing my data on D drive. Unlike the previous version, Redstone 5 won't show the option if I want to wipe all drive or only Windows drive. So, what if I choose that option? Will I lose my data on D drive?...