Windows 10: what do the different /f/p/r mean in checkdisk commands

Discus and support what do the different /f/p/r mean in checkdisk commands in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; what do the different /f/p/r mean in checkdisk commands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BalvirSharma, Sep 13, 2019.

1. what do the different /f/p/r mean in checkdisk commands

what do the different /f/p/r mean in checkdisk commands

:)

BalvirSharma, Sep 13, 2019

2. commands in command prompt

if you're trying to use chkdsk it needs to follow with the letter r or f like so CHKDSK /R OR CHKDSK /F
    to get a list of commands for command prompt,because there are too many you better off Googling it

gijoetech1, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile what do the different /f/p/r mean in checkdisk commands :)

4. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

1. what do the different /f/p/r mean in checkdisk commands - Similar Threads - different mean checkdisk

2. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  3. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  4. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  5. What do these mean?

What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  6. What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?: I am running this command in PowerShell: 'get-item -path abc.pptx.encrypt'What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?...
  7. What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?: I am running this command in PowerShell: 'get-item -path abc.pptx.encrypt'What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?...
  8. What does parenthesis and full stop mean and do in this command?

9. Checkdisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checkdisk: My Dad's pc is stuck on checkdisk screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checkdisk/1f77efd3-0553-4a10-8877-05f388cbf12e
  10. Control+D, R & P

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control+D, R & P: Since the recent update, around 2 weeks ago, CTL+D, CTL+R & CTL+P dont work anymore, in Photoshop and Excel and others. I have tried this on my PC and Laptop, same result. My Lenovo Tab which didnt get updated at that stage works fine with these keys. I swapped my keyboard...