Windows 10: What do the Language Bar options mean?

Discus and support What do the Language Bar options mean? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I'm having issues understanding what the different options in the language bar means. When I turn them on/off I can't notice any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JW___, Jun 23, 2022.

1. JW___ Win User

What do the Language Bar options mean?

Hi everyone,I'm having issues understanding what the different options in the language bar means. When I turn them on/off I can't notice any difference.

:)

JW___, Jun 23, 2022
  2. clayto Win User

Typing language problem

Why is Use language list only showing UK, and not US as another option in view of the steps I have taken to install it and put it at the top of my list? What is the' language bar', referred to? I don't think I have ever seen it, or am not recognising it if I had. And why is Keyboard shown as English UK when Settings is opened?

clayto, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Windows 10 - Language bar is missing after MSRA connection

Hi Чингиз Алматов,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. What is the build version of Windows 10 you are using?
    However, I suggest you to try this below method, and check if that helps.

Step: Check Language Bar is Hidden.

1. Press Windows logo and I key, open Settings
    2. Click on Devices
    3. Select Typing
    4. Select the option Advanced keyboard settings
    5. Then select Language bar options
    6. Check the box: Show text labels on the Language bar
    7. Then select the Language Bar tab and make sure that the
      Docked in the taskbar option is checked.
    8. Click on Apply and OK to exit, and check if that helps.

Kindly provide us the results so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Kahel13 Win User

Language Bar

Hi Jada Rae,

If you don't see the Language bar, do the following to check to see if the Language bar is hidden:

In Windows 10 and Windows 8

1. Press the Windows logo key and type Control to search for the Control Panel app.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change input methods.
    4. Click Advanced settings.
    5. Under Switching input methods, select the Use the desktop language bar when it’s available check box, and then click Options.
    6. Office 2016 Windows 8 Switching Input Methods.
    7. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab, and make sure that either the Floating On Desktop or the Docked in the taskbar option is selected.
    8. Office 2016 Windows 8 Text Services & Input Languages.

In Windows 7

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change keyboard or other input methods.
    3. In the Region and Language dialog box, click Change keyboards.
    4. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab.
    5. Language Bar tab
    6. Under Language Bar, check if the Hidden option is selected. If it is, select either Floating on Desktop or Docked in the taskbar.

Source

Hope this helps.

Kahel13, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. What do the Language Bar options mean? - Similar Threads - Language Bar options

2. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  3. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  4. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  5. What do these mean?

What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  6. What do the Language Bar options mean?

What do the Language Bar options mean?: Hi everyone,I'm having issues understanding what the different options in the language bar means. When I turn them on/off I can't notice any difference....
  7. Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options: Hello community. Not sure when did this start happening but my language bar has unwanted "Other Language" options. [ATTACH] They are also in the Advanced Key Settings: [ATTACH] But they do not show up in "Preferred Languages" or anywhere else: [ATTACH] So I can't...
  8. What is the meaning of reset this PC option????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the meaning of reset this PC option????: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well....
  9. Language bar options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar options: Hello, I use key sequence (Ctrl + key) for changing the input languages I use. Regularly my advanced key settings are restored to default, erased or something like this - nothing happens when I use Ctrl+key and when I go the the menu it's written "none". Also when I change...
  10. What does this option mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this option mean?: Hi all, I recently just updated to 1607 and saw this new option under "Send your device data to Microsoft" I understand what Basic, Enhance and Full are but I have never seen the 'Security' one before, any one know what it is? [img] Thanks! 64660