Windows 10: What do the lights on my keyboard mean?

Discus and support What do the lights on my keyboard mean? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 if it matters, v1.0 on Windows 11. I know the 1 light stands for connected, and the A is caps lock, but what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anonymous_7638, Oct 2, 2022.

1. What do the lights on my keyboard mean?

I have a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 if it matters, v1.0 on Windows 11. I know the 1 light stands for connected, and the A is caps lock, but what does the download icon and F icon mean? I pressed Shift+Control+I while typing in a document then the download light turned on. Recreating it same document, same key strokes didn't yield a result; what's going on?

:)

Anonymous_7638, Oct 2, 2022
  2. remolanot Win User

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Lighted Keyboard

I suggest that you read the online manual for it at the manufacturer's website.

Bill Smithers, Oct 2, 2022
  4. yahanna Win User

What do the lights on my keyboard mean?

yahanna, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

What do the lights on my keyboard mean?

1. What do the lights on my keyboard mean? - Similar Threads - lights keyboard mean

2. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  3. What do this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do this mean?: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly....
  4. What does a blinking yellow light mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does a blinking yellow light mean?: I have a Dell Latitude E5540 with latest windows 10 with 64 bit register. The blinking just started and it blinks rapidly 4 or 5 times, pauses. and then repeats. Any ideas?...
  5. What does a blinking yellow light mean?

What does a blinking yellow light mean?: I have a Dell Latitude E5540 with latest windows 10 with 64 bit register. The blinking just started and it blinks rapidly 4 or 5 times, pauses. and then repeats. Any ideas?...
  6. What does a blinking yellow light mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What do the lights on my keyboard mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do the lights on my keyboard mean?: I have a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 if it matters, v1.0 on Windows 11. I know the 1 light stands for connected, and the A is caps lock, but what does the download icon and F icon mean? I pressed Shift+Control+I while typing in a document then the download light turned...
  8. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  9. What do these mean?

What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  10. What exactly do they mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly do they mean?: When doing a windows update, I get the following message: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...